To maintain and provide clinical and administrative leadership in order to expand a program of primary and preventive dental care in a community health center setting.
Duties and responsibilities
The Dental Director supervises the dental staff of the community health center and represents the dental staff to the VP of Clinical Affairs. The Dental Director provides dental advice and counsel to the Executive Management Team, as requested. In addition, he/she is responsible for providing direct patient care as assigned by specific contract hours outlined in Dental Director’s professional contract agreement.
Typical duties include but are not limited to:
- Designs, develops, and implements appropriate Dental Department policies, protocols and procedures which are in compliance with the most current accepted professional standards.
- Develops and executes best practices for recruitment and retention measures of dental staff, both professional and ancillary and performs periodic evaluations of all Dental department professional providers as directed by the policy of the corporation.
- Examines individuals requesting care, diagnoses their dental/oral conditions, prescribes and carries out, or directs others in carrying out, appropriate dental/oral treatment, or refers individuals for specialty consultation or treatment in conformance with approved clinical protocols and guidelines; records patient-dentist transactions as they occur in the patient’s dental record; and complete referrals and data collections
- Educates individuals in the nature of oral health related conditions and in the general promotion of oral health related disease prevention and assists in the provision of technical assistance and health education to the community as requested.
- Serves as Chair of the Dental Department’s Performance Improvement Committee and/or Peer Review Committee.
- Prepares and submits monthly (or timeline to be outlined with VP of Clinical Affairs/ CEO) written reports on Dental department issues, concerns, program status, initiatives and progress to the Executive Management Team; participates in short and long-term program planning, including development of goals and objectives and assists in the preparation of an operating budget for the Dental Department.
- Responsible for personal, as well as, departmental full compliance with all applicable federal, state, local and center rules, regulations, protocols and procedures governing the practice of dentistry and the clinical provision of dental care including those relating to, but not limited to, personnel issues, work place safety, public health and confidentiality.
- Graduation from an accredited dental school.
- Completion of an accredited general practice residency program is preferred
- Minimum of three years of clinical experience required, five years of experience preferred.
- Knowledge of public health principles and practices preferred.
- Administrative, management, PI, and budget development experience preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills required.
- Bilingual preferred
- EDR (Wisdom) experience preferred.
Licensure & Credentials
- Unrestricted license to practice dentistry in the State of Connecticut.
- Current CPR (BLS) certifications. ACLS preferred
- Connecticut DEA registration and Controlled Substance License.
- Medicaid provider numbers
Direction of Others
Dental Practice Manager
How to Apply
To Apply, please visit our website at www.fhchc.org
Fair Haven Community Health Care (FHCHC) is an Equal Opportunity Employer. FHCHC does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
For nearly 50 years, we have been a health care leader in our community focused on providing excellent, affordable primary care to all patients, regardless of insurance status or ability to pay. Fair Haven is proud to have a diverse and motivated team of professionals who are constantly seeking ways to enhance and improve the health and well-being of all patients.
It’s an exciting time for FHCHC. We are growing and looking for great talent to join us! If you are a passionate, caring professional interested in improving the health of our community, we’d like to know more about you.
Link: Job & Application Details
Fair Haven Community Health Care