For nearly 50 years, we have been a health care leader in our community focused on providing excellent, affordable primary care to all patients, regardless of insurance status or ability to pay. Fair Haven is proud to have a diverse and motivated team of professionals who are constantly seeking ways to enhance and improve the health and well-being of all patients.
It’s an exciting time for FHCHC. We are growing and looking for great talent to join us! If you are a passionate, caring professional interested in improving the health of our community, we’d like to know more about you.
FHCHC is a forward-thinking, dynamic, and exciting community health center that provides care for multiple generations at nearly 80,000 office visits in 14 locations. Overseen by a Board of Directors, the majority of whom are patients themselves, we are proud to offer a wide range of primary and specialty care services, as well as evidence-based patient programs to educate patients in healthy lifestyle choices. As we grow and are able to bring high quality health care to more areas that need access, we continue to put our patients first in everything we do. The mission of FHCHC is “To improve the health and social well-being of the communities we serve through equitable, high quality, patient-centered care that is culturally responsive.”
We believe that everyone should have access to high-quality medical and dental care, regardless of ability to pay.
Reporting to the Vice President of Clinical Affairs, the Chief Medical Officer (CMO) will ensure timely access to high quality medical care for our patients through practice transformation, value improvement, recruitment and retention of providers, supervision and adherence to quality improvement initiatives and supervision of the medical staff.
Duties and responsibilities
Working in a highly matrixed and project based environment, the CMO is responsible for collaborating with all the divisions in medical care (pediatrics, internal medicine, family practice, midwifery and school based health centers). Typical duties include, but are not limited to:
- Provide leadership, expertise and administrative oversight to teams, maintaining an effective organization and fostering leadership for the health center.
- Participate in program development and organizational planning to ensure responsive care.
- Recruit, hire, onboard, supervise and evaluate providers
- Nurture relationships of the health center with affiliated institutions, clinical training programs and community organizations
- Advise and consult with Executive Team on medical and clinical aspects of the health center’s programs and operation including organizational development of and maintenance of integrated (clinical/behavioral health/dental) operations
- Experience with data analysis and interpretation that leads to action
- Make recommendations to Executive Team on clinical operations, talent acquisition and management to improve clinical, operational and financial performance outcomes.
- Helps manages budget and drivers of avoidable clinical risk; analyzes and reports clinical performance (quality/outcomes, operations/team, experience) data to provider and payer stakeholders and senior management
- Performs clinical duties at current and expansion site(s) for 40-50% of time
The successful applicant will be board certified as a Pediatrician or Medicine-Pediatrics Physician and have:
- At least 5 years of clinical and leadership experience at the practice level or higher in the outpatient setting
- Excellent clinical acumen
- A patient-centered approach, from bedside manner to design of new initiatives
- A natural team leader and communicator, able to gain trust and authentically lead a team
- A strategic thinker with a passion for transforming health care and the operational mindset to completely own and execute clinical initiatives to improve quality, cost, and experience
- Willingness and ability to operate in an ambiguous environment, without continuous supervision
- Knowledge and experience of quality infrastructure, including experience with developing and implementing decision tools, clinical protocols and guidelines, care management programs, and outcome measurement assessments
- Knowledge of effective clinical practices and patient centered primary care models
- Knowledge of legal and ethical standards for the delivery of medical care and the principles, practices and procedures of general medicine
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with patients, staff, peer groups, and varied agency and institutional representatives
- Ability to lead, be decisive, and lay out a vision for the departments
- Ability to communicate vision, motivate workforce and create effective teams
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Ability to work in fast-changing environment with diverse individuals and groups
Category I—Increased Risk Position
Potential exposure to hazardous waste and blood borne pathogens, clinical settings
Physical Demands: Requires walking, bending, sitting, standing, writing, reading, telephone use, data input into computer, pulling medical records,
Mental Demands: Ability to cope with continual changing priorities under potentially stressful conditions
Manual Dexterity Required: Ability to use a keyboard, telephone.
American with Disabilities Requirements:
External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled, must be able to perform the essential job specific functions (listed within each job specific responsibility) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by the organization on a case by case basis.
Fair Haven Community Health Care is an Equal Opportunity Employer. FHCHC does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
How to Apply
Fair Haven Community Health Care