Fair Haven Community Health Center
To provide support, leadership & decision-making while maintaining high quality services for the effective functioning of the Call Center. This individual maintains a patient-focused approach towards operational excellence while working as an integral part of the health care team at Fair Haven Community Health Care (FHCHC)
Duties and responsibilities
Reporting to the Director of Practice Performance the Call Center Supervisor will ensure the development and motivation of all employees who primarily utilize the scheduling module to meet and exceed the needs of our patients. Accountable to ensure all escalations are handled in an effective and efficient manner. Confirm assigned team service levels and metrics are meeting/exceeding expectations through the review of group and agent level analytics via dashboards, electronic health record (EPIC) and phone reporting channels. Monitor progress to ensure understanding and expectations of staff by providing ongoing coaching and inspiration and workflow documentation. Support the hiring, onboarding and training of new staff in order to achieve optimal service and operational levels.
To succeed as a call center supervisor, you should be focused on helping your team build the necessary skills and knowledge so they can better support customers. You should be supportive, communicative, and attentive. Typical duties include but are not limited to:
- Determine operational strategies by conducting needs assessments, creates schedules, develops and conducts performance reviews, capacity planning, establishing productivity goals, quality, and customer-service standards and prepare reports that summarize data and trends
- Collaborate with organizational leadership to offer solution focused approaches for daily operations
- Monitors representatives to ensure timely response to patients and clients, excellent customer service, and appropriate follow up; determines training needs and develops ongoing training for staff. Provides goal oriented coaching, counseling and other forms of support to direct report(s)
- Engage in performance improvement activities and act as an agent of positive change by looking for innovative ways to improve processes and advance clinical excellence.
- Acts as “super user”, expert, and trainer of Call Center and Scheduling Systems; log in to take call during high volume timeframes
- Adheres to company policies and procedures including developing corrective action plans and following disciplinary procedures for direct reports
- Oversight of patient communication including ensuring patient confidentiality, and providing patients with needed information
- Facilitates and leads meetings as necessary to support the team and the site(s)
- Positively represent FHCHC to internal and external clients.
- Perform other necessary duties as required by FHCHC to achieve the goal of providing excellent primary health care in a federally funded health center.
Bachelor’s degree required. An Associate degree and significant experience may be substituted for the degree requirement. Three years of work and supervisory experience in healthcare and oral and written proficiency in English and Spanish are also required. Experience with EPIC-Electronic Health Record and/or medical practice management systems and excellent computer skills is highly preferred.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrated strong abilities in the following;
- Coaching, training, motivation and performance evaluation.
- Problem solving, leadership and customer service
- Analytical, efficient, and thorough.
- Independently carry out assignments while working effectively in a team environment.
- Excellent written, electronic and oral communication skills
- Ability to remain calm and courteous under pressure and navigate tense situations with patients, staff and clients.
- Variable 8 hr. shifts between 8am -7pm, including weekends as needed
Direction of Others
Call Center Leads
Call Center Representatives
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status