FHCHC is a forward-thinking, dynamic, and exciting community health center that provides care for multiple generations at nearly 80,000 office visits in 17 locations. Overseen by a Board of Directors, the majority of whom are patients themselves, we are proud to offer a wide range of primary and specialty care services, as well as evidence-based patient programs to educate patients in healthy lifestyle choices. As we grow and are able to bring high-quality health care to more areas that need access, we continue to put our patients first in everything we do. The mission of FHCHC is “To improve the health and social well-being of the communities we serve through equitable, high quality, patient-centered care that is culturally responsive.”
For nearly 50 years, we have been a health care leader in our community focused on providing excellent, affordable primary care to all patients, regardless of insurance status or ability to pay. Fair Haven is proud to have a diverse and motivated team of professionals who are constantly seeking ways to enhance and improve the health and well-being of all patients. We believe that everyone should have access to high-quality medical and dental care, regardless of ability to pay.
To assist behavioral health clinicians and patients in navigating the behavioral health care system and provide support to the behavioral health team
Duties and responsibilities
- Work in close partnership with the primary care clinical teams to manage all aspects of internal and external behavioral health referrals
- Educate patients on requirements of referrals and appointment speciﬁcs
- Work with primary care teams and individual providers to clarify access issues, or other barriers for particular patients
- Provide coordination of care for behavioral health patients. Assist clinicians with identifying and linking patients to higher and different levels of care not offered by the agency and to supportive community resources
- Schedule appointments for new and returning patients
- Serve as frontline personnel answering all incoming phone calls to the department.
- Make reminder phone calls to patients and helps reduce barriers that keep patients from attending their appointments
- Provide clerical and administrative support to behavioral health clinicians
- Document all aspects of the intake and referrals process in the EHR
- Ensure patient conﬁdentiality at all times
- Perform other necessary duties as required by FHCHC to achieve the goal of providing high quality behavioral health services.
Bachelor’s Degree preferred; Associate’s Degree with at least 3 years’ experience in the social work, psychology, human services or similar ﬁelds required. Oral and written proﬁciency in English and Spanish is also required. Computer skills including word processing and data entry and the ability to work in a high energy, quickly paced environment and maintain a professional demeanor and attitude are necessary.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Knowledge of mental health system of care and treatment
- Previous experience in a health care setting, ideally related to behavioral health
- Compassion for and ability to work effectively with patients with mental illness
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with patients, their families, internal and external staff
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
How to Apply
Fair Haven Community Health Care