For nearly 50 years, we have been a health care leader in our community focused on providing excellent, affordable primary care to all patients, regardless of insurance status or ability to pay. Fair Haven is proud to have a diverse and motivated team of professionals who are constantly seeking ways to enhance and improve the health and well-being of all patients. We believe that everyone should have access to high-quality medical and dental care, regardless of ability to pay.
Responsible for providing behavioral health evaluations, diagnosis, treatment planning, individual and group therapy, and (if appropriate) substance abuse counseling for Fair Haven Community Health Care, a primary care clinic designated as a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC).
Duties and responsibilities
The Behavioral Health Clinician will care for patients in an integrated health care clinic. Typical tasks include but are not limited to:
- Evaluate and diagnose mental, emotional, developmental and behavioral diﬃculties in individuals, couples and families based on clinical standards of practice and formulate treatment plans and treatment plan reviews based on evaluations
- Provide individual and group psychotherapy and substance abuse counseling; provide clinical and consultative treatment services that are strength based and client centered to individuals, groups, families, and/or couples; respond to mental health crises, assessing need, formulating disposition, and implementing appropriate care; and provide mental health crisis triage assessments as needed for patients on the primary medical services
- Coordinate with other clinical providers, social service providers, and care coordinators in assisting with and following up on client referrals and with patient care
- Complete all required documentation for intakes, progress notes, treatment plans and reviews, authorizations, billing, and licensure accurately and within a timely manner
- Participate in professional activities such as: continuing education activities, clinical conferences, meeting with representatives of community groups
- Master’s degree (M.A., M.F.T., M.S.W.) and 3-5 years related experience is required.
- Must be licensed or license-eligible in the State of Connecticut for one of the following: LCSW, LMFT, LPC, or Psychologist (PhD or PsyD).
- Oral and written ﬂuency in English & Spanish is highly preferred
- The ideal candidate will have the following: The ability to work well in a team and regularly communicate with other behavioral health and primary care clinicians about shared patients; the ability to use computer and telephone; experience using an electronic health record management program and a strong knowledge base of medical terminology and procedures to work in an integrated medical clinic. Experience with running psychotherapy groups and substance abuse recovery and previous experience in health care setting, ideally in an outpatient setting, is highly desirable
Direction of Others
How to Apply
Fair Haven Community Health Care