EMR Implementation Specialist
The EMR Implementation Specialist is responsible for implementation and configuration of the electronic medical records software as needed. In partnership with team members, the EMR Implementation Specialist will interact directly with the IT team and Clinical Informatics Specialist to configure, troubleshoot, implement and support the use of the EHR application.
Additionally, the EMR Implementation Specialist will work to maximize the efficiency, effectiveness, and efforts of clinical personnel providing the highest levels of patient care in line with core objectives of IT. The EMR Implementation Specialist will communicate upgrades to a designated trainer to facilitate training to respective users. Additional responsibilities include timely management of EMR related help desk ticket when received.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Designated as an EMR super user.
- Perform all EMR system (Both dental, and medical) configuration and changes per recommendations of Clinical Informatics Specialist.
- Perform and coordinate EMR system updates with IT department, and clinical informatics specialist
- Participate in planning process by providing input to tasks, durations, and resources for the EMR project plan.
- Conduct weekly reviews of project status and timeline supported with documentation of such events.
- Understand dependencies among functional area (Intergy and Dentrix) and be able to suggest adjustments as needed.
- Document issues/resolutions/decisions on the issues/resolution log. Escalate issues as defined and outlined in company policies and IT protocol.
- Provide onsite support in the clinics including logins for EMR related issues.
- Perform ERX support/registration and maintenance
- Perform LAB support/Registration and maintenance
- Provides clinical support and maintenance interface activities such as for labs and hospital.
- Manages, phone interface applications, phone messaging system and any other appointment system.
- Manages EMR help desk tickets related to clinical and non-clinical applications and systems in a timely and thorough manner.
- Enrolls new EMR users into the EMR/EDR; performs initial assignment and monitoring of EMR user security and privileging levels after consulting with clinical informatics specialist
- Manages the EMR/EDR/PA systems as it relates to reported issues and improvement requests. 16. Ensures providers are registered to access interfaces (e.g., eRX, Controlled Substance, EPCS and labs).
- Responsible for maintaining the monitoring tables.
- Serve on project committees as assigned by IT Director.
- Provide support to Dentrix and Practice Analytics systems
- Perform other duties as assigned
SKILLS/ TECHNICAL ABILITY
- Ability to learn new applications and/or functionality and create/adapt training documentation to support the application, workflows and processes.
- Ability to integrate workflows, processes and procedures, system functionality, clinical practice and standards of care into training documentation.
- Ability to work independently.
- Strong computer skills (proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Communicates appropriately using good interpersonal skills.
- Privacy is maintained at all times for patient and employee information.
- Must be flexible to work after hours or non-scheduled hours due to upgrades or critical outages.
ADDITIONAL GENERAL REQUIREMENTS
Professional positive attitude, vision, understanding of customer service principals, trustworthiness, and excellent interpersonal skills to successfully accomplish tasks necessary to meet high standards of ethical and social responsibility required by this position. Continuous training and education.
JOB QUALIFICATIONS/REQUIREMENTS •
- 2+ years of professional experience working in a healthcare environment • 2+ years of professional experience working in a Intergy or other EMR implementation role
- 2+ years of professional experience with electronic physician’s office billing systems
- 2+ years of professional experience creating training plans and providing training for adult learners
- 2+ year of professional experience working in an EMR troubleshooting role
Bachelor’s degree in related field (informatics) is highly desirable as is information systems as an area of expertise; Strong documentation skills with the ability to document physician practice workflow and recommend changes.
Two (2) or more years of healthcare experience required. Training experience required, including the creation of training materials. Working within EMR preferred; Experience supporting and implementing Intergy EMR; Experience with issue resolution and/or issue tracking software
Basic math skills
Demonstrated problem solving skills; ability to face challenging situations, view from a variety of different angles; assess strength of options, select and implement the best solution. Ability to think-on-your-feet, making effective decisions on a timely basis, sometimes with limited information. An open mind and welcoming atmosphere and patience so that employees are comfortable in seeking the information they need.
- Supports an ethical standard, which complies with a code of conduct free of conflicts of interest.
- Supports the Mission and Values of Optimus Health Care, Inc.
- Supports, cooperates with, and implements specific procedures and programs for:
- Safety, including universal precautions and safe work practices, established fire/safety/disaster plans, risk management, and security, report and/or correct unsafe working conditions, equipment repair and maintenance needs.
- Confidentiality of all data, including patient, employee and operations data.
- Quality Assurance and compliance with all regulatory requirements.
- Compliance with current law and policy to provide a work environment free from sexual harassment and all illegal and discriminatory behavior.
- Supports and participates in common teamwork:
- Cooperates and works together with all co-workers; plan and complete job duties with minimal supervisory direction, including appropriate judgment.
- Uses tactful, appropriate communications in sensitive and emotional situations.
- Follows up as appropriate with supervisor and co-workers regarding reported complaints, problems and concerns.
- Promotes positive public relations with patients, family members and guests. Knowledge of information technology computer systems and software.
Working for Optimus:
- OHC provides a fun, fast-paced working environment, where our commitment to quality is present in every job function.
- 100% Outpatient Setting
- Excellent health benefit options
- Competitive Compensation
- Optimus and its caring, multi-lingual staff proudly serve our community in a patient-centered environment.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer