InterCommunity, Inc. is a growing, progressive, non-profit community health center with over 40 years of experience in the community. We’ve been the grateful recipient over the past several years of numerous local and national awards for the innovative services we provide, and have just been named a Hartford Courant/Fox CT Top Small Workplace Award winner for the EIGHTH consecutive year!
The Director of Quality and Compliance is responsible for establishing a corporate quality assurance and compliance system and team that promotes customer satisfaction and positively impacts the quality performance of InterCommunity. Champions continuous improvement efforts and deficit-reduction initiatives to establish an effective QI/PI system.
- Initiates and implements quality improvement and compliance activities as appropriate to raise the performance of InterCommunity’s programs
- Educates and trains employees as to their impact in Performance Improvement (PI)
- Develops, implements, manages and integrates PI for all programs and locations of InterCommunity
- Serves as the primary quality control and compliance resource for problem identification, resolution, quality reporting and continuous improvement
- Oversees any quality control personnel on a day-to-day basis
- As a core component of PI, obtains and utilizes customer feedback through surveys, focus groups and other means
- Designs, implements and documents procedures for process control, process improvement and safety, and provides this information to the leadership team
- Establishes and implements metrics (process capability, control charts, measurement quality) for monitoring system effectiveness
- Performs all functions required by The Joint Commission, DPH, CARF, DMHAS, HRSA and others related to credentialing, recognition and licensing
- Maintains required schedules and documentation for all regulatory agencies
- Provides guidance to staff on the development of procedures and policies related to all regulatory bodies overseeing InterCommunity, including, The Joint Commission, DPH, CARF, DMHAS and HRSA
- Leads the Quality Improvement Outcomes meeting as well as any other Committee related to quality improvement
- Reports to ELT on quality issues, trends and programs
- Leads preparation for and participates in internal and external quality audits
- As a member of multi-disciplinary team within a network of community-based behavioral and primary care health services, staff will approach all aspects of the work from a culturally competent, trauma informed, gender responsive and recovery-oriented perspective.
- Performs other duties as required
* All agency staff are required to attend all mandatory department/agency meetings and trainings*
- Time Management
- Decision Making
- Communication Proficiency (Verbal & Written)
- Technology & Computer Literacy (Microsoft Word, Keyboarding)
- Organization Skills
Education &/Or Experience:
Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in related field of health, behavioral health or health management services. Licensure as a medical professional preferred. Experience in QI/PI and/or compliance programs. Experience working with HRSA, CARF, DMHAS, DPH and The Joint Commission requirements. Experience with LEAN or a similar QI program preferred by not required.
How to Apply