To function as the lead person with direct responsibility for the day to day billing revenue operations, and management of billing records. To provide assistance to the VP of Finance and assure accurate and compliant billing revenue operations at Fair Haven Community Health Clinic, Inc. (FHCHC).
Duties and responsibilities
• Manages transitions to changing billing and coding environments as they occur through each payor source including Medicaid, Medicare, Commercial, and Private Pay. Trains staff in use of new codes and establishes new processes to accommodate changes as needed to maintain efficient work flow and uninterrupted collections.
• Actively participates in the creation and evolution of reporting as it relates to patient/provider revenue generating activities including monthly, annual and periodic financial and productivity reports, including the UDS, Medicaid and Medicare cost reports with the objective of improving revenue generating strategies and increasing internal and external understanding of how activities impact the fiscal health of the organization through billing revenue sources.
• Assists the Controller with the monthly accounting close of patient revenues by analyzing billing activity.
• Assembles and leads the transition team as necessary to migrate and integrate billing system functions to the EPIC EMR system.
• Provides training to providers as necessary to assure compliance with coding and billing guidelines of all payor sources.
• Hires new billing staff as necessary and completes performance evaluations as required by FHCHC policy.
• Bi-annually, and as necessary, reviews and recommends updates to FHCHC Billing Policies.
• Participates in team meetings both internally and externally as assigned by VP of Finance.
• Five years of experience in an ambulatory care or practice management setting, including experience in a supervisory capacity is required. A Certified Professional Coding (CPC) certificate and proficiency in billing and fmances is also required. Knowledge and proven experience in non-profit Federally Qualified Health Centers and a college degree are strongly preferred.
Directly supervises Billing Coordinator, Coders, Self-Pay Billers.