The Finance/Grant Assistant is responsible for performing assigned finance/grant accounting work to maintain the agency’s general ledger and remain in compliance with Federal and State grant reporting requirements.
Duties and responsibilities
The Finance/Grant Assistant will be responsible for select grants/programs as assigned by the VP of Finance. Responsibilities for these select grants/programs include:
- Prepares all semi-monthly, monthly, quarterly, semi-annual, and annual internal and external financial reports.
- Reviews and approves all purchase requisitions.
- Completes all grant reporting/budget revisions.
- Meets with grant/program staff to review the fiscal portion of the grant/program
- Assists the Grant Manager in the completion of grant worksheet (revenues, receivables, expenditures) for monthly board reports and annual audit
- Performs other financial tasks as requested.
The Finance/Grant Assistant will also be responsible for general and specialty fiscal duties such as:
- Receives and disperses all Business Office mail
- Prepares all A/P Disbursement Vouchers for staff reimbursements (license, CME, uniform allowance, etc.)
- Performs internal audits/analytics as requested by the VP of Finance for various projects such as Workers Compensation, Grant/Program Viability, new ventures, etc.
- Disperses Petty Cash requests and enters entries into general ledger.
- Completes Daily and Weekly Cash Flow statements.
- Meets with Directors and department leads to review monthly profit and loss statements.
- Completes weekly open encounter/deferred encounter report .
- Analyzes and reports on billing account write-offs .
- Acts as backup for Finance Manager’s position .
- BA/BS Degree in Accounting preferred or an Associates in fiscal field with recently experience in accounting.
- 2+ year experience with Federal, State, and Private Grant Reporting
- Auditing experience preferred ‘
- Ability to work independently and prioritize tasks in a deadline driven environment
- Advanced computer skills in Excel
- Paylocity and financial software MIP/Sage system knowledge preferred