Job Description

Director of Diabetes and Cardiovascular Disease Prevention

Reporting to the Site Medical Director, the Medical Director of Diabetes and Cardiovascular Disease Prevention leads the FHCHC Diabetes Prevention Program [DPP], Diabetes Self-Management, and Intensive Lifestyle Intervention (ILI) programming. This is the clinical role that oversees related programs to achieve integration across diabetes and cardiovascular disease prevention and management.

Duties and responsibilities

  • Teaches group classes during diabetes screening events (oral glucose-tolerance test [OGTT] events) and conducts individual clinical encounters with participants.
  • Reviews OGTT results and provides clinical follow-up of results and treatment plans for patients with abnormalities/new diagnoses with DPP Nurse Coordinator.
  • Oversees and teaches ILI groups and oversees CDC data submissions and certification processes pertinent to DPP.
  • Integrates DPP and ILI data into existing quality improvement framework to support optimal quality metrics at the population level pertaining to diabetes and CV disease prevention.
  • Serves as quality coordinator for Diabetes Self Management Program. Submits relevant data to DPH in an accurate and timely fashion.
  • Develops and maintains community partnerships pertinent to the prevention and management of diabetes and cardiovascular disease.
  • Conducts individual patient visits 70% of the time (which may include OGTT visits) and performs the remaining duties in normal more than 30% of the time.


MD/DO, PA, or APRN with demonstrated abilities in program management for at least one year. The ideal candidate will be a strong communicator with relationship-centered interpersonal skill, a detail orientation, financial thoughtfulness and with a hands-on leadership style. Fluency in Spanish is required. Those with Clinical Diabetes Educator certification, program management certification, and/or experience with quality improvement paradigms are highly encouraged to apply.

Direction of Others

DPP Nurse Coordinator

Physical requirements

Physical Demands: Requires walking, bending, sitting, standing, writing, reading, telephone use, data input into computer, pulling medical records,

Mental Demands: Ability to cope with continual changing priorities under potentially stressful conditions

Manual Dexterity Required:  Ability to use a keyboard, telephone.

American with Disabilities Requirements

External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled, must be able to perform the essential job specific functions (listed within each job specific responsibility) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by the organization on a case by case basis.

Fair Haven Community Health Care is an Equal Opportunity Employer. FHCHC does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.


How to Apply

To apply, please visit our website at or use the link below.

Link: Job & Application Details

Fair Haven Community Health Care New Haven