Reports to: Dental Director
To oversee the operational management, efficiency and accountability of an expanding dental practice.
Duties and responsibilities
The Dental Practice Manager oversees the day to day operations of the dental clinic ensuring that our dental practice provides outstanding services for our patients. Typical duties include but are not limited to:
- Maintain an office environment that ensures optimal patient care and customer service.
- Oversee and supervise front and back office staff.
- Evaluate and review office production and procedures to develop new ways to improve efficiency with office operations, patient retention and profitability.
- Analyze and organize office operations and procedures, including but not limited to, bookkeeping, invoice processing, cash control, and other administrative duties.
- Provide oversight to staff for patient scheduling and front office workflows including; checking eligibility and insurance verifications.
- Participates in hiring decisions in conjunction with the Dental Director.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant state dental laws, ensure a safe work environment by complying with all local, state and federal health and safety regulations and laws, and ensure compliance with office and company policy and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned or necessary to support the office/company.
- Completes all required organizational trainings in a timely fashion.
Bachelor’s degree required. A combination of work experience and education may be substituted for the degree requirement. The selected candidate will: have previous dental knowledge and an understanding in all areas of management of a dental practice; previous supervisory experience in a dental setting; excellent communication and interpersonal skills and be computer literate (EPIC experience is a plus)
- Bilingual preferred
Dental Assistants & Front Desk Personnel
Category III Low Risk Position
Generally works in an office environment with no exposure to bloodborne pathogens
Physical Demands: Requires walking, bending, sitting, standing, writing, reading, telephone use, data input into computer, pulling medical records,
Mental Demands: Ability to cope with continual changing priorities under potentially stressful conditions
Manual Dexterity Required: Ability to use a keyboard, telephone
American with Disabilities Requirements
External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled, must be able to perform the essential job specific functions (listed within each job specific responsibility) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by the organization on a case by case basis..
How to Apply
Fair Haven Community Health Care