To transport the dental mobile tractor and trailer to designated locations while maintaining the security and safety of staff and patients. Works to escort patients to and from the dental truck in conjunction with dental assistant(s) and/or school official. Assists in the maintenance of the dental truck’s engine, trailer and associated structures, as well as attends to custodial needs for the truck’s interior as directed.
Duties and responsibilities
- Coordinates safe transport and efficient use of the dental truck to and from community sites on a schedule determined by the Dental Director.
- Sets up and/or breaks down steps and rails as necessary for optimal operation of the dental truck.
- Provides on-site security and safety for all members of staff and patients during the operation of the dental truck.
- Provides escort for students to and from dental truck in conjunction with dental assistant(s) and/or school official.
- Supports all EPIC related functions in system to assist with scheduling, registration and after visit related tasks.
- Assists in ensuring the dental truck is in operational order including, but not limited to cleanliness and maintenance.
- Adheres to DOT regulations and guidelines.
- Completes all required organizational trainings in a timely fashion.
- Completes other duties as assigned by the Dental Director.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Prior experience with operating a vehicle of weight comparable (>10,000 lbs) to the dental truck.
- Bilingual preferred
- Current and active CDL Class A license required.