We are seeking a dental hygienist to provide preventative dental care to children and adults and assists in planning dental treatment. Come join a great team! For over 50 years, we have been a health care leader in our community focused on providing excellent, affordable primary care to all patients, regardless of insurance status or ability to pay. The mission of FHCHC is “To improve the health and social well-being of the communities we serve through equitable, high quality, patient-centered care that is culturally responsive.”
Duties and responsibilities
- To provide education to patients and their families regarding proper oral hygiene.
- To provide direct preventative dental oral health care to both children and adults.
- To arrest dental decay by applying fluorides and other cavity- preventing agents, with oversight from supervising dentist.
- To maintain instrumentation for dental hygiene treatment by sharpening and sterilizing instruments as required.
- To adhere to all prescribed policies and procedures of the organization pertaining to, but not limited to: OHSA and HIPPA compliance.
- To work with the Dental Director on operational tasks, as well as quality improvement initiatives.
- To complete other tasks and duties as assigned by the Dental Director and/or the Executive Management Team.
- To maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks and participating in professional societies, as desired or by request of Dental Director.
- To complete all required organizational trainings in a timely fashion.
Certificates / Licensures / Registrations
- Graduate of an accredited Dental Hygiene program
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Maintains current Connecticut registered dental hygiene license
- Dental hygiene local anesthesia certificate preferred
- Current CPR certification
- One year experience as a dental hygienist preferred
- Familiarity with dental billing and coding procedures
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, leadership, management, and team building skills, both written and oral
- Bilingual ( English/Spanish) preferred
American with Disabilities Requirements:
External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled, must be able to perform the essential job specific functions (listed within each job specific responsibility) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by the organization on a case by case basis.
Fair Haven Community Health Care is an Equal Opportunity Employer. FHCHC does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.