SERVICE WORKERS Stamford/Greenwich, CT, US Apply: www.familycenters.org
Family Centers Inc. is seeking a Registered Dental Hygienist to join our Dental team in the clinical care of our patients in our Federally Qualified Health Center in Greenwich and School Based Health Center in Stamford, CT. .
- Assists in the oral health management of all clinic patients.
- Obtains baseline oral hygiene assessment data based upon accepted principles of oral hygiene and periodontal care.
- Records patient-hygienist transactions as they occur in the patient’s dental record so that the dental record accurately and completely reflects the nature of the contact, the condition of the patient and the care or treatment provided.
- Provides oral health education and appropriate individual counseling for all center dental patients.
- Organizes treatment room for each patient, including instruments, records, radiographs, and lab work.
- Provides clinical oral hygiene services including dental prophylaxis, scaling, sealant application and fluoride application consistent with accepted professional practices and standards and in compliance with applicable state law and the center’s clinical protocols.
- Assists in the provision of technical assistance and health education in the community as requested.
- Performs independent procedures as delegated and directed by a dentist in accordance with state regulations and law as well as Dental Department protocol and directive.
- Assists in the maintenance of all Dental Department areas in compliance with Dental Department directive and policies as well as center policies and procedures relative to infection control, exposure control and safety issues.
- Assists with various clinical and administrative functions of the center as appropriate and time permits.
- Disinfects and sterilizes instruments according to CDC/OSHA/ADA standards.
- Responsible for equipment care and maintenance.
- On Call for dental patients, and transfers call to appropriate provider when necessary
- As directed by a supervisor, performs other related and/or necessary tasks to achieve organizational and programmatic goals and objectives.
- Demonstrates professional, courteous, and respectful attitude during interactions with patients and guests of the health center.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Manager and Dentist
Education and Training:
- Graduation from an accredited school of dental hygiene.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective professional relationships with fellow healthcare providers.
- Ability to be clinically fluent in Spanish preferred.
Licensure and Credentials:
- Unrestricted license to practice Oral Hygiene in the State of CT
- Current CPR (BLS) certification
Family Centers is a private, nonprofit organization offering education, health and human services to children, adults and families in Fairfield County. More than 200 professionals and 2,500 trained volunteers work together to provide our communities with a wide range of responsive and innovative services. Our multi- faceted network of health, education and human service programs give individuals and families the tools needed to establish a strong educational foundation, overcome complex and critical problems, carry on healthy productive lives and achieve personal improvement.
Family Centers is an EOE and offers a competitive salary, training, and generous benefits package.
For more information visit www.familycenters.org
How to Apply