We are currently recruiting for a Dental Assistant to work 3 days in our Bridgeport location and 2 days in our Stamford location.
The Dental Assistant is responsible for providing clinical assistance to the dental staff in treating patients.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide four handed chair side assistance to Dentists when performing dental procedures such as operative, preventive, endodontic, prosthetic and/or surgical procedures.
- Provide chair side assistance including but not limited to draping patients, preparing the operatory for treatment, preparing and mixing medicaments and impression materials, intra oral suctioning, retracting oral tissues, handing a removing instruments.
- Help management of patient flow by:
- Escort patient to/from the reception area/waiting room.
- Seat each patient and seeing to their comfort.
- Have all equipment prepared and ready for use.
- Have the room fully prepared for the patient treatment.
- Advise Front Desk Coordinator about special instructions for the patient.
- Prepare, sterilize and organize instruments and ensure that all dental instruments are
- cleaned, dated and processed, according to Department guidelines and standards.
- Monitor and maintain dental equipment, such as compressors, evacuator systems, radiographic developing equipment, sterilizers, light curing units, in accordance to manufacturers’ guidelines.
- Develop and process dental radiographs in accordance with provider orders; assists in the monitoring and maintenance of radiation safety procedures and protocols.
- Prepare and send laboratory cases to assigned dental laboratory.
- Pour impressions to make stone and plaster models, and trims before sending to the laboratory.
- Collect, record and update patient health histories and vital signs. Assist the Dentist in recording treatment date in the MediaDent system.
- Patient management during dental procedures provides post-operative care and instructions to patients.
- Employ dental procedure isolation techniques.
- Assist in the prevention and management of medical emergencies in the department.
- Practice infection control and employ the management plan to meet OSHA, CDC, ADA and JCAHO standards.
- Adapt to cross-training requirements, specifically front desk duties.
- Must be able to travel between all Dental locations, able to work nights as well as weekends.
- Other related duties as assigned
JOB QUALIFICATIONS/REQUIREMENTS EDUCATION: High School Diploma or Equivalent
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Spanish Speaking Preferred
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Basic Mathematical Skills
EXPERIENCE: At least 2 Years Prior Clinical Experience
LICENSURE / CERTIFICATION: Dental Assistant Certificate (preferred but not required), Radiology Health and Safety Certificate (required), Infection Control Certificate (required), CPR Certificate (required)
Excellent PC skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office, Internet and database management tools.
OPTIMUS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
How to Apply
Optimus Health Care