For over 140 years, UCFS has embraced life and faced challenges that are a reflection of the community we serve. We continue to focus our resources on areas of greatest need; build partnerships when demand is beyond our capacity to fulfill alone and have had a lasting impact on thousands of lives that entrust us to provide quality and compassionate care. UCFS is a nonprofit with the mission to be Eastern CT’s best choice for patient-centered health care. Joining UCFS means you will be part of the premier community-based organization with dedicated to providing health and human services to individuals and families. You will be part of a group of dedicated professionals committed to improving the health and well-being of the community.
UCFS is currently seeking a full-time Dental Assistant at our Health Center in Norwich. The Dental Assistant is responsible for performing the following duties necessary for assisting the dentist in the direct provision of dental care and for the daily efficient operation of the dental clinic:
- Assists dentists with all dental procedures utilizing fourhanded dentistry
- Exposes, develops and duplicates radiographs, takes impressions and pours models per generally accepted practice and department standards.
- Provides routine operational support such as performing sterilization and disinfection procedures per OSHA standards; tracking lab work sent and received; maintaining supply stock in operatories; laundering staff scrub jackets and related routine operational duties as needed or assigned
- Returns patient phone calls, phones in prescriptions and schedules patient appointments with Director’s approval
- Participates in staff meetings, in-service education, seminars and continuing education with Director’s approval
- High School diploma or GED required
- Dental Assisting Certificate preferred, a minimum of 1-year of experience required for uncertified candidates
- Certificates in Radiology and Infection Control required
- A minimum of 1-year of experience in public health is preferred