Optimus Health Care is a Federally Qualified Health Care Center with sites in Bridgeport, Stamford, and Stratford, CT. We are the largest provider or primary health care services in Fairfield County, proudly serving all patients regardless of their income, race, or insurance status. We are presently recruiting for a Data Analyst/Programmer.
The Data Analyst/Programmer is responsible to gather data, clean-up the data and present the data in a re-portable format in a clear and concise way to senior leadership. The Data Analyst will assist various departments in the implementation of our Electronic Medical Record to ensure the feasibility and accuracy of data gathering.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Collects, compiles and analyzes data to measure and report on provider and program performance
- Responds to requests for data by determining users’ needs, collecting, organizing, and analyzing data, and providing accurate and complete reports.
- Working with other analysts to perform financial analysis of health center, physician and ancillary rates.
- Working with other analysts to perform a variety of ad-hoc analysis and reports as requested.
- Produces standard periodic reports to meet users’ needs.
- Identifies, develops and implements methods for improving reporting efficiency.
- Performs checks and audits of various data sources to ensure data is accurate and complete.
- Maintains and applies knowledge of current trends, practices and developments in health care.
- Previous experience with Practice Analytics/Greenway Intergy a plus
- Other duties as assigned within the scope of responsibilities and requirements of the job
- Experience in an analytics, business intelligence, data science or engineering role performing quantitative analysis
- Proficient knowledge of SQL (incl. Aggregate functions, joins, etc.) or other structured programming language(s) (e.g. Python, Java, ASP, C), SRSS(SQL Server Reporting Services), SSIS (SQL Server Integration Services), SSAS (SQL Server Analysis Services)
- Helps guide process of revenue projection for the business development team by gathering and presenting relevant supporting data
- Performs statistical analysis to support business initiatives.
ADDITIONAL GENERAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Able to comply with short due dates and software glitches.
- Communication Skills: Able to communicate precisely regarding various reports and to translate reports in layman’s terms.
- Critical Thinking Skills: The Data Analysts must look at the numbers, trends, and data and come to new conclusions based on the findings.
- Attention to Detail: The Data Analyst must ensure analysis reflects the accuracy of the data.
Bachelors in Information Systems, Health Administration, plus Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a healthcare environment
Experience in a health care setting or managed care environment with a focus on claims data analysis, provider contracting or decision support, especially in cost and utilization analysis
A working knowledge of industry coding (revenue codes, ICD 10 classifications, CPT codes, etc.) Strong knowledge of SQL, SAS or Microsoft Access programming
Minimum level computer skills in a Microsoft Office environment: Advanced Strong skills in Microsoft Excel, other technical skills preferred Strong skills in SQL programming Strong Internet research capabilities Attention to detail.
EXPERIENCE: Experience in a Medical setting and experience in data management.
Working for Optimus:
- OHC provides a fun, fast-paced working environment, where our commitment to quality is present in every job function.
- Excellent employer paid benefits
- Competitive Compensation
- Optimus and its caring, multi-lingual staff proudly serve our community in a patient-centered environment.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
How to Apply
Optimus Health Care