Join our close-knit and mission-minded Women’s Health Department at the Cornell Scott-Hill Health Center! Our Women’s Health RN will provide full-spectrum outpatient OB/GYN nursing care, working alongside other experienced OB/GYN nurses as well as our physicians, midwives, physician assistant, and wonderful team of support staff. Our nurses provide direct patient care, including patient triage, education, and independent nursing visits for both obstetric and gynecologic patients.
The RN is a critical member of our care team and builds strong relationships with patients.
If you love working with a dedicated team caring for a medically underserved population, we’d love to meet you!
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provides comprehensive, family centered nursing care to mothers, babies, and families during antepartum and postpartum periods, and to gynecologic patients including surgical patients during pre- and post-operative periods.
- Assesses and documents patient conditions, wound status, cardiopulmonary status, neurological status, and vital signs.
- Coordinates scheduling of gynecologic surgical procedures, and interfaces with Yale New Haven Hospital to ensure seamless care for gynecologic patients.
- Reviews lab results, accurately recognizes abnormal diagnostic values, interprets their significance, and follows through with appropriate provider.
- Helps Medical Assistants as needed with rooming patients and assisting providers during examinations and procedures.
- Performs complete clinical documentation in a timely, accurate and concise manner.
- Maintains confidentiality by communicating patient information only to health care workers involved in the care of the patient in an appropriate manner.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree, certification as a registered nurse, and current Connecticut State Licensure are required. Current Basic Life Support Certification required.
- A minimum of 3 to 5 years’ experience in OB/GYN, and familiarity with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within OB/GYN is required. Outpatient OB/GYN experience is highly desirable.
- A flexible, helpful, and collaborative style, along with a desire to work in a supportive team-based environment, are essential.
- Organization and the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment are also important.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
CS-HHC is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.