Our healthcare facility is in need of a Registered Nurse (RN). The Registered Nurse is responsible for guiding and supervising assigned nursing personnel in delivering patient care. The RN will collaborate with nurses, physicians, and other health care professionals in the delivery of patient care. Assume responsibility for management of a selected case load of patients as defined by the clinical practice area
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Ensures that patients experience reasonable, maximum relief of withdrawal and acute medical/surgical symptoms. Delivers effective nursing care for chronic medical and psychiatric conditions, calling upon medical and psychiatric resources, as needed.
- Assess and appropriately address the medical needs of patients from any level of care, including potential admissions, as defined in the RN scope of practice.
- Provides medication education to clients, including intended effects and actual side effects of prescribed medications. Evaluates clients for actual effects on routine basis, seeking timely modification of medication orders when desired effects are not achieved and documents timely.
- Ensures negative outcomes to withdrawal are minimized. Monitors and reports any negative outcomes, as per policy.
- Ensures that the covering MD/PA/APRN is notified of all pertinent information in a timely fashion.
- Provides behaviorally oriented nursing interventions. Calls upon psychiatric resources and performs crisis intervention, as needed.
- Collaborate with physicians or APRNs to create a Plan of Care for each patient.
- Documentation in patient electronic medical records via EPIC.
- Must have a current Registered Nurse Connecticut State Licensure.
- Minimum of Associate’s degree in nursing. Bachelor’s degree in nursing preferred.
- Minimum of 1 year nursing experience in psychiatric or substance abuse treatment preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years nursing experience is preferred.
- Experience as CNA/MA or other related field is desirable for newly graduated nurses.
- CPR certification required.
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment.
- Advanced knowledge of EPIC EMRs preferred.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule and to fill in when needed.
- Excellent bedside manner and communication skills.
- Working knowledge of health care laws and regulations.
CS-HHC is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.