Our healthcare facility is in need of a Registered Nurse (RN). The Registered Nurse is responsible for guiding and supervising assigned nursing personnel in delivering patient care. The RN will collaborate with nurses, physicians, and other health care professionals in the delivery of patient care. Assume responsibility for management of a selected case load of patients as defined by the clinical practice area.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Administration of medications, provide vaccinations, and render treatment to patients.
- Communicate with physicians, LPNs, radiologists, and other medical professionals.
- Collaborate with physicians to create a Plan of Care for each patient.
- Update patient electronic medical records in EPIC as needed.
- Respond to inquiries, concerns and complaints from patients and their parents or guardians.
- Counsel patients and family members before, during, and after treatment.
- 3+ years’ RN experience, CPR certification required.
- Must have a current Registered Nurse Connecticut State Licensure.
- Advanced knowledge of EPIC EMRs.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule and to fill in when needed.
- Excellent bedside manner and communication skills.
- Ability to explain treatments and conditions to patients of all ages.
- Working knowledge of health care laws and regulations.
The job requires exposure working with body fluid and hazardous chemicals. When under these working conditions, OSHA standards and universal precautions must be followed at all times.
CS-HHC is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.