Provides reasonable and prudent medical/surgical care, practices appropriate management and uses sound clinical judgment based in best practice standards and evidenced based medicine. The Physician provides medical services within the scope of their licensing, training and credentialing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides reasonable and prudent medical/surgical care practices appropriate management and uses sound clinical judgment based in best practice standards and evidenced based medicine. Maintains confidentiality in regards to patients, staff and program matters at all times.
- Educates patients on preventive health care and chronic disease management or refers to appropriate resources or agencies.
- Consults with other staff or specialists to make appropriate referrals for acute, chronic and preventive health care.
- Enters appropriate legible notations and documents encounters appropriately. Completes notes, forms and coding in a timely manner.
- Participates in trainings as required by the Department Chief.
- Provides supervision of designated PA(s) and functions as collaborating physician with designated APRN(s), FNP(s) and Nurse Midwives.
- Participates in teaching at clinic/hospital for students, nurses, PA’s, and residents.
- Performs Rounds on inpatients, manages patient care appropriately.
- Collaborates with Department Chief in providing coverage for peers.
- Meets all licensing, certification, and other requirements as set forth by state, federal, professional, hospital, accrediting and health payer entities.
- Actively pursues continuing medical education opportunities to maintain one’s knowledge and skills.
- Performs all other duties as required.
Education: Degree from an accredited Medical School. Documented completion of Residency training from an accredited institution. CPR Certification required.
Experience: Board Certification or Board Eligibility. (Board certification must be attained within the timeframe dictated by one’s specialty in order to remain on staff at the CS-HHC if one was originally Board Eligible at the time of one’s hire.) Connecticut Licensure. Admitting privileges at Yale New Haven Hospital, HSR and/or Griffin Hospital as indicated.
Knowledge/Abilities: Ability to provide comprehensive, preventive, and therapeutic health care based on professional knowledge, clinic guidelines, standing orders, and specific health background of patients. Professional knowledge of medical theory and practice. Knowledge of physical assessment, differential diagnosis, pathophysiology, pharmacology, and management of acute and chronic patient/family problems. Knowledge and management of principles and practices including optimum use of staff and all other available resources.
Physical Demands/Working Conditions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work involves sitting, standing, walking, bending, and occasional slight lifting. The employee occasionally lifts and/or moves up to 50 pounds, when transferring a patient from chair or wheelchair to exam table and turning patients for examinations. Must be able to respond when needed by prompt appearance at a required location. Must be able to work under physically and emotionally stressful conditions. The employee is frequently exposed to communicable diseases. Safety precautions for employees such as blood drawing for screening of various diseases such as hepatitis, required immunizations, etc. are necessary.
Must provide evening, weekend, and satellite coverage when necessary.
CSHHC is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
How to Apply
Cornell Scott – Hill Health Center