The Pediatrician provides reasonable and prudent medical/surgical care, practices appropriate management and uses sound clinical judgment based in best practice standards and evidenced based medicine. The Pediatrician provides medical services within the scope of their licensing, training and credentialing.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Maintains confidentiality in regards to patients, staff and program matters at all times
- Educates patients and/or guardians on preventive health care and chronic disease management or refers to appropriate resources or agencies.
- Performs Rounds on inpatients, manages patient care appropriately.
- Meets all licensing, certification, and other requirements as set forth by state, federal, professional, hospital, accrediting and health payer entities.
- Provides supervision of designated PA(s) and functions as collaborating physician with designated APRN(s), FNP(s) and Nurse Midwives.
- Participates in teaching at clinic/hospital for students, nurses, PA’s, and residents.
- Consults with other staff or specialists to make appropriate referrals for acute, chronic and preventive health care.
- Enters appropriate legible notations and documents encounters appropriately. Completes notes, forms and coding in a timely manner.
- Degree from an accredited Medical School. Documented completion of Residency training from an accredited institution. CPR Certification required.
- Board Certification or Board Eligibility. (Board certification must be attained within the timeframe dictated by one’s specialty in order to remain on staff at the CS-HHC if one was originally Board Eligible at the time of one’s hire.)
- Connecticut Licensure. Admitting privileges at Yale New Haven Hospital, HSR and/or Griffin Hospital as indicated.
- Ability to provide comprehensive, preventive, and therapeutic health care based on professional knowledge, clinic guidelines, standing orders, and specific health background of patients.
- Professional knowledge of medical theory and practice. Knowledge of physical assessment, differential diagnosis, pathophysiology, pharmacology, and management of acute and chronic patient/family problems.
- Knowledge and management of principles and practices including optimum use of staff and all other available resources.
Must provide evening, weekend, and satellite coverage when necessary.
CS-HHC is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.