The Patient Registrar is responsible for coordinating several duties simultaneously. The Patient Registrar will greet patients, check-in patients, answer telephone calls, and identify, register and maintain records of Hill Health Center patients. He/she is responsible for the input and maintenance of patient computer data to ensure compliance to registry operational standards and to meet the users of registry data.
CS-HHC’s Expectations of all Employees
- Adheres to all CS-HHC Policies and Procedures
- Conducts self in a manner that represents CS-HHC’s Values at all times
- Maintains a positive and respectful attitude with all work-related contacts
- Communicates regularly with supervisor about Departmental and CS-HHC concerns
- Consistently reports to work on time, prepared to perform the duties of the position
- Meets productivity standards and performs duties as workload necessitates
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Greets patients and updates demographic information into the computer system. Ensures to treat patients and staff respectfully, courteously and appropriately
- Schedules patients into available Provider/Clinician appointment openings. Ensures to schedule appointments according to established procedures and guidelines of the department
- Assures that patients receive the next available appointments with the correct Provider
- Responsible for scheduling referral appointments according to the request of CS-HHC Provider and in accordance with policy and procedure of other institutions and agencies
- Verifies various types of insurance coverage as indicated by CS-HHC billing procedure
- Collects payment from patients for services provided. Verifies all financial information including insurance, co-payment and self-pay
- Responsible for receiving telephone calls from patients and correctly and accurately records messages for Providers (For appropriate department/site)
- Ensures to stay up-to-date on telephone system training (For appropriate department/site)
- Cross trains as requested by manager to support the needs of CS-HHC
- Performs all other departmental duties as required
Education: High School Diploma/GED required.
Experience: At least one (1) year of office or medical experience is preferred. Familiarity with Dentrix system is highly desirable (Applies to Dental Department ONLY).
How to Apply
Cornell Scott – Hill Health Center