The Patient Registrar is responsible for coordinating several duties simultaneously. The Patient Registrar will greet patients, check-in patients, answer telephone calls, and identify, register and maintain records of Hill Health Center patients. He/she is responsible for the input and maintenance of patient computer data to ensure compliance to registry operational standards and to meet the users of registry data.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Greets patients and updates demographic information into the computer system. Ensures to treat patients and staff respectfully, courteously and appropriately
- Schedules patients into available Provider/Clinician appointment openings. Ensures to schedule appointments according to established procedures and guidelines of the department
- Verifies various types of insurance coverage as indicated by CS-HHC billing procedure
- Collects payment from patients for services provided. Verifies all financial information including insurance, co-payment and self-pay
- Responsible for receiving telephone calls from patients and correctly and accurately records messages for Providers (For appropriate department/site)
- Meets productivity standards and performs other duties as required
- High School Diploma/GED required.
- At least one (1) year of office or medical experience is preferred.
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to communicate effectively and in a confidential manner.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, organizational skills, and written and verbal communications skills are essential.
- Computer skills and data entry skills are required. Familiarity with Microsoft, Internet and E-mail is necessary. Ability to multitask while maintaining a calm, organized demeanor.
CS-HHC is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.