The Outreach Coordinator will plan, develop, and implement HIV and Hepatitis C prevention activities related to community engagement, focused HIV and Hepatitis C Testing, and linkage and engagement. They will help coordinate program services and developing goals, objectives and performance improvement measures for outreach activities. They will work collaboratively with other CS-HHC providers, administrative departments to maintain staffing, grant funding and/or fee-for service revenue streams, environment of care, general program operations.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Conducts HIV and Hepatitis C outreach and testing in non-traditional settings to communities in New Haven County. Notifies clients of their results and documents results in appropriate format to satisfy reporting requirements.
- Recruits local businesses for participation in HIV and Hepatitis C prevention efforts.
- Coordinates with educational institutions, faith-based organizations and community-based organizations to conduct outreach and program development in communities disproportionately affected by HIV or Hepatitis C.
- Participates in condom distribution programs as well as facilitates HIV and Hep C prevention workshops geared towards priority populations.
- Links patients, who test positive for HIV/Hep C/STDs, to care and addresses any barriers to care faced by these individuals.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Required to work occasional nights and weekends
- High school diploma or a minimum two years of experience in a related field; or an equivalent combination of education and related experience required.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license. Must be able to obtain a State of CT driver’s license within 90 days of employment
- Excellent communication skills; both written and verbal.
- Experience with HIV testing required and experience with motivational interviewing courses preferred.
Travel within the State of Connecticut is required on a regular basis with possible occasional travel outside the state.
CS-HHC is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.