Responsible for direct Behavioral Health services delivered to the client. Direct services may include assessment and diagnosis, urgent care, individual, group and/or family therapy. The Clinician is responsible for case related duties, which may include case management, insurance authorization, and disposition planning. May perform oversight activities with Clinician I s as directed by the Program Director or Assistant Program Director.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides professional clinical services to individual clients, groups of clients, and/or families in the CS-HHC setting or general community.
- Maintains client confidentiality at all times and ensures to follow agency, state and HIPAA laws.
- May perform oversight activities with Clinician I s as directed by the Program Director or Assistant Program Director.
- Establishes and maintains good working relationships with community agencies.
- Evaluates data relating to the bio-psychosocial consequences of physical and emotional illness, developmental disability and/or substance abuse.
- Implements standardized evaluations or assessments in conjunction with multidisciplinary team as appropriate.
- Formulates bio-psychosocial assessments and diagnosis, treatment plans/reviews and goals according to a site specific time line.
- Attends and participates in team conferences (if applicable).
- Obtains and tracks proper insurance authorizations as needed to provide services.
- Serves as a behavioral health resource to students, teachers and parents (if applicable).
- Actively monitors client risk factors and takes action to ensure client’s safety while following CS-HHC policies.
- Ensures required documentation is complete, timely and accurate at all times.
- Attends/conducts school related activities as appropriate.
- Attends supervision meetings as required.
- Performs all other duties as required.
Education: Master’s Degree in a Behavioral Health field required. Licensed or licensed eligible preferred.
Experience: Minimum of one (1) year experience working with relevant population required (internship may qualify as experience).
Knowledge/Abilities: Knowledge and competency regarding diagnosis, assessment and treatment of behavioral health services. Excellent communication skills; both written and verbal. Ability to work with interdisciplinary team. Ability to generate high levels of client satisfaction. Must demonstrate age specific/population specific competencies in area(s) of practice. Knowledge and skills related to individual, group and family system dynamics. Must demonstrate cultural competence.
Physical Demands/Working Conditions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand or sit for extended periods of time. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with minimal to high volumes of stress.
Travel within the State of Connecticut is required on an occasional basis.
CS-HHC is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
How to Apply
Cornell Scott – Hill Health Center