The Director, Medical Specialties is responsible for assuring that the Medical Specialties Department addresses the changing needs of the Cornell Scott-Hill Health Corporation’s diverse population. The Director will direct and coordinate all specialty programs throughout Cornell Scott-Hill Health Center.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the overall operations of the Department and adhere to all Federal and State Regulations and guidelines.
- Supervises and evaluates assigned personnel in the performance of their required duties. Provides appropriate feedback and conducts timely, fair and accurate performance reviews.
- Develops goals and objectives for the department and develops systems to assess the progress toward the goals.
- Develops and manages the annual budget for the Department and all grants therein.
- Develops the plans, policies, and procedures to meet identified health needs of the population.
- Evaluates the various components of the Department to ensure productivity and effectiveness of services, including the preparation of reports and data analysis.
- Serves as Program Director for grants and prepares regular required reports for CS-HHC and the State of Connecticut or other grantors as needed.
- Encourages CS-HHC Providers to send consults to the Department to generate referrals.
- Assesses the health needs of the community and develops or proposes programs that serve to meet these needs.
- Maintains networking with other agencies and health care providers.
- Formulates and engages in outreach programs to target program services to high risk patients.
- Collaborates with the various CS-HHC departments, Medical and Administrative staff in evaluating the health needs of patients and develops or proposes programs that serve to meet these needs.
- Participates in committees, conferences, seminars, etc.
- Performs all other duties as assigned by management.
Education: Mid-Level provider (NP, APRN, PA-C) with the appropriate degree from an accredited school and current CT licensure. All mid-level providers must have current Basic Life Support/CPR Certification.
Experience: Minimum of three (3) years related experience of which one (1) year is in the area of community or public health. One (1) year supervisory experience required and two (2) years experience in community or public health. Experience working with medical specialties is preferred.
Knowledge/Abilities: Supervisory and leadership skills are essential. Ability to develop community resources and relationships and identify community health center needs required. Knowledge of budgeting is required.
Physical Demands/Working Conditions
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand or sit for extended periods of time. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
Travel within the State of Connecticut is required on an as needed basis with occasional travel outside the State.
CS-HHC is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.