As an established and highly respected Health & Human Services organization in Eastern Connecticut, UCFS has been a cornerstone in the community since 1877, providing an array of Health & Human Services. With over 400 employees dedicated to improve the health & well-being of the community, we continue to focus our resources on areas of greatest need to have a lasting impact on the thousands of lives entrusted to us to provide quality and compassionate care. Learn more about us at www.ucfs.org.
Administrative Assistant – Primary Care
We are currently looking for an Administrative Assistant to work onsite at our Norwich Primary Care practice. The Administrative Assistant will support the Chief Medical Officer and the practice.
- Maintains the executive’s calendar and schedule. Schedules appointments and meetings. Coordinates scheduling changes.
- Anticipates future needs (daily, weekly, monthly) for the executives and plans accordingly. Engages in advanced planning to ensure that the executive’s schedules and activities are as effective and efficient as possible.
- Maintains a highly organized computer and paper filing system. Ensures all documents, materials, and information is labeled in either computer files or paper files.
- Handles a wide variety of complex and confidential situations
- Responsible for confidential and time sensitive material.
- Prepares routine and advanced correspondence including letters, memoranda, and reports.
- Prepares the executives for meetings in advance by having all meeting materials ready.
- Maintains advanced knowledge of computer software. Uses the computer to make the executives functioning highly efficient and effective.
- Maintains advanced knowledge of office systems and products (copier, fax machine, etc).
- Plans, organizes and coordinates special events.
- Associate’s Degree with 2 years of experience in administrative/executive assistant the healthcare field or in a related area.
- Proven ability to maintain confidentiality required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Microsoft Office Suite skills required.
Salary is dependent on experience
- Comprehensive medical and dental insurance
- 401(k) plan with 8.5% Employer Contribution
- Flexible spending accounts
- Company-paid life and disability insurance along with
- 3 weeks of paid vacation,
- 11 paid holidays
- 10 sick days
How to Apply
United Community and Family Services