StayWell Health Care is a Federally Qualified Health Care Center with sites operating in Waterbury and Naugatuck, CT proudly serving all patients regardless of their income, race, or insurance status.
StayWell is presently recruiting for a full-time Controller for our Finance office in Waterbury.
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, the Controller is responsible for ensuring the accuracy and consistency of data for accounts payable, accounts receivable and the general ledger, while directing the preparation and timely delivery of internal departmental and external financial reports.
The successful candidate will have sufficient account systems experience, internal controls, and accounting knowledge including the areas of general accounting, journal entries report preparation, accounts receivable, fixed asset, consolidations, financial preparation and reporting.
Some of the responsibilities of this Controller include:
- Direct month-end closings, ensuring that accounts are properly and accurately reconciled, highlight inconsistencies or unusual transactions.
- Create reports for government agencies.
- Prepare and report financial statements that conform to generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and regulatory requirements.
- Ensure financial statements adhere with management’s recommendations, auditor’s requirements, and industry practices.
- Competitive salary
- 100% Premium Free UnitedHealthcare Core medical coverage
- Employer paid $25,000 life insurance
- Ten paid holidays annually
- 25 PTO days annually
- Public Service Loan Forgiveness
- Optional supplemental coverage (short- and long- term disability)
Job Type: Full-time
How to Apply