The Director of Psychiatry oversees all behavioral health clinical operations. This individual partners with clinical and administrative leaders to ensure the delivery of high quality, patient-centered and accessible care. The Director of Psychiatry develops and implements innovative approaches to improve care delivery. This role also provides some direct clinical care through individual and group therapy sessions.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
Clinical Program Management/Quality of Care
– Collaborates with department clinical and administrative leadership in the development of standards for professional practice, patient care, and innovative programs designed to facilitate high quality patient care
– Will lead efforts to improve quality outcomes and department operations
– Facilitates key process improvements in patient access measures, clinic flow, population-based quality improvement and patient experience.
– Providers leadership for and participates in the development and execution of clinical and operational improvement initiatives to ensure patient-centered care
– Is responsible for the performance of staff for adherence to established departmental standards of care, standards of practice, policies, procedures, and protocols
– Develops and implements strategies for ensuring compliance with patient care standards, laws, regulations, and the standards and requirements of various professional organizations and regulatory agencies
– Gathers, interprets, and disseminates information on policies, new programs, and other pertinent information to managers and staff
– Assumes a leadership role in a changing healthcare environment and participates in the change process at various levels in the organization
– Assumes a central role in maintaining Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH) recognition
– Provides leadership over outpatient clinical team, including Doctoral/Master’s level and independently licensed clinicians, professional level staff, and managers
– Provides oversight and supervision of clinical work, including:
– Ensures accuracy and appropriateness of psychiatric evaluations;
– Ensures that individual therapy, group therapy, and supportive services meet all relevant standards of care
– Ensures appropriate clinical supervision for staff by licensure needs
– Ensures appropriate standards of care for patients in crisis
– Identifies appropriate treatment settings for patients
– Develops and maintains liaison with referring agencies
– Oversees participation in training programs and student placement and ensures clinical trainees have positive clinical experience
– Evaluates and identifies the educational needs of personnel within the department and assures development and implementation of programs that meet these identified needs and offers opportunities to staff.
Education: Graduate of an accredited medical school.
Experience: Minimum two to three years of supervisory and clinical experience in a psychiatric setting. Ability to mentor, guide, and motivate direct reports through demonstration of best practices and leading by example. Advanced interpersonal skills necessary to interact effectively with various healthcare professionals, develop and maintain effective therapeutic relationships with patients and families, and supervise and manage the team. Demonstrated broad theoretical knowledge and excellent clinical skills that include models of case management and psychosocial service. Must be comfortable in a fast-paced and dynamic work environment. Ability to work in an interdisciplinary team.
How to Apply
Or email our Director of HR – Dot Barrow at email@example.com
Link: Job & Application Details
Community Health & Wellness Center of Greater Torrington