Requires a Dental degree from an accredited University.
- At least three years practice experience preferably in an urban setting serving minority population groups.
- Commitment to providing high quality health services to indigent and/or uninsured families essential.
- Must have a current CT state medical license and controlled substance certificate.
- Must have a current DEA certificate.
- Must be eligible for participation in all state and private medical insurance plans designated by CHWC.
- Must be credentialed per CHWC policies and procedures.
- At least three years administrative capacity preferable.
- Spanish speaking desirable.
Significant Job Functions:
The Dental provider must:
- Provide direct patient care as a member of the clinical team working with Dental Hygienists and Dental Assistants toward achieving the goals of CHWC Plan.
- Complies with all CHWC Policies and Procedures.
- Collaborates with team members to assure quality patient care, appropriate distribution of work, and efficient patient care.
- Meet productivity standards as mandated by grants.
- The dentist provides care for patients, scheduled and non-scheduled during assigned health center sessions. It may be necessary to work later than the designated end time for a particular session if the patient flow is especially heavy.
- Updates all patient visit information into Electronic Health Record at time of visit.
- Presents reports on health and quality assurance matters to the CEO.
The Dentist must provide the services below:
- Diagnostic/Basic Preventive Care
- Restorative (amalgams, resins, crowns)
- Endodontic (root canals) (1-4)
- Periodontics-Gingivectomy per tooth
- Prosthodontics (removable) (dentures, partials, plates)
- Limited oral surgery: Extractions
- I&D of Abscess
- Suture Removal
- Palliative Treatment
As a Dental Director
Accountable to the CEO and the Board of Directors for the quality and coordination of patient care services-specifically:
- In House
- Participate on the Quality Assurance Committee
- Report to the Board of Directors on a quarterly basis
- Works cooperatively with relevant Board Committees
- Prepare an Annual Dental Care Plan with CHWC administrator & staff
- Meet with the Executive Director and Office Manager on a regular basis for planning and evaluation of Dental Care Programs.
- Assist in the recruitment and selection of professional staff
- Conducts performance evaluation for personnel
- Oversees and troubleshoots patient flow issues from beginning to end of patient visit, phone calls, message routing, and other patient flow related systems.
- Recommend/approve and arrange coverage for continuing dental education leave requests for professional staff
- Participate in CHWC sponsored community collaboratives
- Develop yearly budgets with Management Team
- Precept medical students and residents
- Conduct monthly dental staff meetings
- Participates in monthly management meetings
- Interprets clinical data
- Advises on IT informational needs, develop, recommend and conduct special studies of operations
- Off Site
- Establish and maintain cooperative relationships with specialist, hospital and other health care professionals
- Represents CHWC at relevant professional meetings.
- Work effectively with the Executive Director and staff
- Have effective communication skills with patients and staff
- Have an ability to apply sound administrative principles and methods in the management of diverse personnel and dental care programs for optimum results.
- Be current with changing dental policy and procedures
- Have an ability to set priorities and make decisions on dental health care programs and issues
- Have the ability to understand, interpret and implement state and Center mission, policy decisions and directions.
Moderate physical activity. Requires handling of average-weight objects up to 25 pounds or standing and or walking for more than four hours per day
Full-time: 40 hours per week
Requires good verbal skills to communicate with patients and staff members daily. Good penmanship and clear concise writing skills.
How to Apply
Community Health & Wellness Center of Greater Torrington