Federally qualified Health Center is looking to hire a full time dentist to join our growing dental clinic. Must be licensed in Connecticut, have a DEA registration and a Connecticut controlled substance certificate. Strong candidate will have a GPR/AEGD and/or several years’ experience. Eligible to apply for NHSC loan repayment funds. This position meets the eligibility criteria for the NHSC Loan Repayment Program. The National Health Service Corps (NHSC) offers tax-free loan repayment assistance to support qualified health care providers who choose to take their skills where they’re most needed. Generous salary and loan repayment.
Licensed health care providers may earn up to fifty thousand dollars toward student loans in exchange for a two-year commitment at an NHSC-approved site through the NHSC Loan Repayment Program (NHSC LRP). If commit beyond 2 years can earn up to an additional fifty thousand dollars in loans. Loans are paid directly to you.
Significant Job Functions
- Provides and manages direct dental diagnosis, treatment, procedures, and care for a specified patient population.
- Prescribes pharmaceuticals, other medications, and treatment regimens as appropriate to assessed medical conditions.
- Refers patient to specialists and to relevant patient care components as appropriate.
- Manages the daily operations of patient care, or research function, as appropriate to the objective of the dental clinic.
- Directs and coordinates the patient care activities of dental technical and support staff as required.
- Follows established department policies, procedures, and objectives, continuous quality improvement objectives, and safety, environmental, and/or infection control standards.
- As appropriate to the position, participates in specified health promotion, education and/or prevention and risk assessments.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Managing the dental office infection control plan to meet OSHA, CDC, ADA, HIPAA Standards.
Knowledge, Skills, and Technical Quality
- Ability to maintain quality, safety, and/or infection control standards.
- Knowledge of community based Dental.
- Ability to supervise and train employees, to include organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
- Knowledge of current principles, methods, and procedures for the delivery of dental evaluation, diagnosis, and treatment in area of expertise.
- Knowledge of related accreditation and certification requirements.
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Knowledge of legal and ethical standards for delivery of dental care.
- Ability to observe, assess, and record symptoms, reactions, and progress
- Knowledge of relevant drugs and non-pharmaceutical patient care aids and ability to prescribe dosage and instruct patients in correct usage.
- Develops and implements individualized dental care plans for patients and risk protocols.
Job Type: Full-time
How to Apply
Community Health & Wellness Center of Greater Torrington