CHS serves a patient-base of almost 17,000 individuals and accommodates over 90,000 patient visits each year. As a federally qualified health center (FQHC), CHS is committed to caring for each person who enters our doors, regardless of their income or ability to pay for services and whether or not they have insurance. While the majority of those CHS serves live in our primary service area of Hartford’s North End community, CHS is the medical home of residents throughout the Greater Hartford area. CHS is not a clinic. We are a community health center where you can bring your entire family, and receive the Community Health Services, Inc. (CHS) is a private nonprofit 501(c)(3) federally qualified health center (FQHC) located in Hartford a vibrant North End community. The largest community health center in Hartford, CHS is also the second oldest health center in the state of Connecticut. Since its establishment in 1970, CHS has grown from its humble beginnings in the office of Dr. Evans Daniels Jr., to the current three-story state of the art medical facility at 500 Albany Avenue. We offer the same close, personal care and medical expertise you would expect from a private practice or hospital. CHS is an accredited by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Health Care Organizations. While the Joint Commission sets the standards for the care in hospitals, accreditation is not required for community health centers. CHS undertook this effort as part of our commitment to excellence in our clinical practices and providing every patient the quality of care they deserve.
Community Health Services, Inc. is seeking an experienced full-time Infectious Disease Physician to provide care in our Adult Medicine clinic. The Infectious Disease Physician provides comprehensive primary care and care related to infectious disease in collaboration with and as part of a care team. The incumbent will provide both routine primary care and infectious disease care.
The successful candidate in this position must:
- Be a graduate of an accredited school of medicine and possess Board Certification or be Board-eligible in both Infectious Diseases and Internal Medicine.
- Possess valid State of Connecticut licensure and have or be eligible to obtain DEA and state narcotic registration
- Demonstrate clinical competence related to the diagnosis and treatment of HIV-infected patients and patients with other infectious diseases.
- Be willing to provide appropriate consultation to other health care providers, as necessary.
- Be able to work collaboratively with the Ryan White team, which includes Medical Case Managers, Nurses, and Patient Navigators, in coordinating and co-managing.
- Evaluate patients for the use of PrEP to prevent the acquisition of HIV according to current guidelines.
- Evaluate, diagnose and provide treatment to patients with chronic hepatitis, especially HCV-infected patients and manage according to current guidelines.
- Have a strong desire, with the assistance of the Hepatitis C navigator, to develop outreach interventions that identify, reach out to, and retain in care of the Hepatitis C population.
- Evaluate, diagnose and provide treatment to patients for routine primary care medical problems and maintain a primary care patient panel.
- Have demonstrated the ability to maintain timely, thorough and accurate written clinical documentation
- Be willing and able to provide culturally competent care to a diverse patient population with complex needs in a collaborative environment.
- Have a track record of proven success communicating effectively with patients, peers, and other stakeholders both orally and in writing.
- Be able to make evidence-based clinical decisions and comply with department and organizational quality measures
- Be comfortable using electronic health record and other computer systems
- Possess a resourceful, problem-solving attitude and an appropriate level of accountability
- Be willing to perform other duties as assigned
- Candidates with 3+ years’ experience working with medically complex patient populations are strongly preferred. Candidates who are bilingual in Spanish and English are preferred.