Community Health Services, Inc. is seeking a dynamic, community health-oriented OB/Gyn Physician for our Women’s Health clinic. The ideal candidate is a skilled surgeon who is comfortable providing the full range of obstetric and gynecological services – including routine well woman care, labor and delivery, and hospital-based surgeries – to a socioeconomically-, culturally- and medically-diverse patient population. Our physicians participate in a call group and have a post-call day off. Eligible individuals may qualify for loan repayment through the National Health Service Corps program.
The successful candidate will:
- Be a graduate of an accredited school of medicine and possess Board Certification in Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Possess valid State of Connecticut licensure and have or be eligible to obtain DEA and Connecticut controlled substance permits
- Have a solid record of providing high-quality, routine women’s health care, including skill in the diagnosis and treatment of gynecological and obstetrical conditions care, all with a compassionate bedside manner and a professional demeanor
- Provides or directly oversees prenatal services for high-risk pregnant patients, co-managing such patients as necessary with the hospital’s high-risk team.
- Participate in on-call coverage at the hospital for obstetrical and gynecological urgent and emergency services
- Be comfortable ensuring an adequate patient flow in a busy, outpatient clinic with a mix of scheduled and same-day appointments
- Thrive in a collaborative environment, working seamlessly with other providers and members of the care team
- Demonstrate the willingness and ability to render culturally competent care to a socioeconomically, ethnically, and linguistically diverse patient population
- Be a stickler for timely, thorough and accurate clinical documentation and have a high level of comfort working with electronic health records
- Be able to make evidence-based clinical decisions and comply with department and organizational quality measures
- Possess a resourceful, problem-solving attitude and an appropriate level of accountability
- Have a track record of proven success communicating effectively with patients, peers, and other stakeholders both orally and in writing
- Demonstrate alignment with the organizational mission, vision, and values
- Be willing to perform other duties as assigned
Candidates with 3+ years’ experience working with medically complex patient populations will be given special consideration.
How to Apply
Community Health Services