Community Health Services, Inc. is seeking a LCSW or LMSW-licensed professional for a Clinician role in our Behavioral Health Department.
The primary responsibility of this position is to recognize and address psychological symptoms and conditions using the biopsychosocial model in the Integration of behavioral health and primary care. The LCSW/LMSW functions as a core member of a collaborative care team that involves the patient’s primary care provider, and a consulting prescriber.
The LCSW/LMSW is responsible for supporting mental health care provided by primary care providers and is also responsible for coordinating referrals to clinically indicated services outside the primary care clinic (e.g., social services, mental health specialty care, substance abuse treatment, housing, and a higher level of care).
The successful candidate will:
- Possess a valid Connecticut license as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker OR Licensed Master Social Worker working towards licensure as an LCSW within 18 months
- Have experience working with vulnerable children, adults & families
- Be knowledgeable of community organizations and resources
- Have the ability to effectively engage families from diverse social and ethnic backgrounds
- Have proficient computer skills including Word and Excel
- Possess the desire and ability to learn and work as part of a health care team
- Demonstrate skill in the assessment, treatment planning and crisis invention.
- Demonstrate skill in interviewing and communicating to elicit information and cooperation from patients.
- Have the ability to network with community resources, problem solve, handle multiple needs at any given time, work with diverse client population and staff.
- Be able to train and teach effective behavioral health interventions and the primary behavioral health model to medical practitioners and other behavioral health providers. High level of comfort in working with primary care medical providers using a consultative style.
- Possess knowledge of current social and health problems related to behavioral health issues
- Demonstrate alignment with CHS Core Values and a high level of personal accountability
Candidates who are bilingual in Spanish and English are strongly preferred.
CHS conducts post-offer pre-employment background checks and drug testing on all candidates.
How to Apply
Community Health Services