Community Health Services, Inc. is seeking an experienced APRN/NP in our Adult Medicine clinic. The APRN/Nurse Practitioner provides comprehensive primary health care including health promotion and disease prevention activities for CHS patients. The incumbent provides specialized care in collaboration with department physicians and refers patients to consultants for confirmation of diagnosis and treatment procedures as appropriate.
The successful candidate will:
- Be a graduate of an accredited school of nursing and have successfully completed an approved nurse practitioner program.
- Possess valid State of Connecticut licensure
- Have or be eligible to obtain DEA and state narcotic registration
- Have a deep knowledge of nursing theory and practice or physician assistant theory and practice coupled with a record of providing high quality, comprehensive, professional clinical care to patients according to established standards, protocols and practices.
- Possess the ability to provide cultural competent care to a diverse patient population in a collaborative environment.
- Have skill taking medical history, assessing medical conditions and interpreting findings.
- Have a track record of proven success communicating effectively with patients, peers, and other stakeholders both orally and in writing.
- Have demonstrated ability to maintain timely, thorough and accurate written clinical documentation
- Be able to make evidence-based clinical decisions and comply with department and organizational quality measures
- Be comfortable using electronic health record and other computer systems
- Be willing to perform other duties as assigned.
- Candidates with 1-2 years’ experience working in an ambulatory setting or providing urgent care are preferred.
- All candidates for employment at CHS must successfully pass a pre-employment background check and drug screen.
Some benefit programs available to eligible employees include:
- Competitive pay
- 401(k) plan
- 9 paid Holidays
- Sick leave, Medical leave, Military leave and Bereavement leave
- Medical, Dental and Life Insurances
- Long Term Disability
- Maternity Related Absences
- Workmen’s Compensation
- Vacation time
How to Apply
Community Health Services