Community Health Outreach Worker
The Community Health Center Association of Connecticut (“CHCACT”) is a membership association comprised of community health centers, all of whom provide comprehensive health care to the people of Connecticut and beyond. The Association, with headquarters in Cheshire, Connecticut is a recognized national leader in the provision of technical assistance and training in practice transformation and quality improvement. Our team of professionals is dedicated to strengthening and supporting the clinical and operational performance of community health centers. Our mission is to advance and align the work of health centers, with stakeholders, to improve the health and wellness of all.
The individuals comprising our Association are the source of our creativity, reputation, and vitality. Every position here at CHCACT is critical to our ability to achieve our shared objectives. Each time we hire a new staff member, we are given the chance to enhance the community and to demonstrate CHCACT’s values of accountability, diversity, respect, and responsibility. We do this by using fair, legal, inclusive, and effective hiring practices that support and comply with CHCACT’s policy and the applicable State and Federal laws in a way that is mindful of climate, culture, and diversity, and by affirming the unique qualities of each individual throughout the hiring process.
ABOUT THE COVERED CT PROGRAM:
Created and funded by the State of Connecticut, the Covered Connecticut Program is available at no cost to those who meet the eligibility requirements. It is administered by the Connecticut Department of Social Services. Customers can enroll in the program at any time they meet eligibility requirements. Coverage starts on the first of the month following enrollment. For example, if a person enrolls on July 5, their coverage begins on August 1.
Along with paying the customer’s portion of the monthly payment (premium) directly to their insurance company (Anthem or ConnectiCare), the State of Connecticut also pays for the cost-sharing amounts (deductibles, co-pays, co-insurance and maximum out-of-pocket costs) that customers would typically have to pay with a health insurance plan.
ABOUT THE GRANT:
This grant is administered through the Office of Health Strategy and will focus on doing targeted outreach in New Haven, Windham, Litchfield, Tolland, and Middlesex counties. The goal is to work with five member health centers with service areas in these counties to reach approximately 42,500 Connecticut residents that will be a mix of health center patients and the general public. Outreach will focus on education and engagement around the Covered CT Program.
POSITION SUMMARY & FUNCTIONS:
Provide outreach and engagement for the Covered CT Program. This is a one-year grant funded position subject to the terms of funding under the Covered CT contract.
- Assists with planning and coordination of program activities to reach the target population.
- Updates messaging and upcoming events on various social media platforms.
- Conducts outreach activities on evenings and weekends at various community events.
- Travels to requested health centers to increase Covered CT awareness.
- Maintains programmatic outreach log and submits monthly and quarterly reports.
- Attends all required monthly meetings, quarterly trainings and any additional meetings/trainings as required by the Covered CT Program, Access HealthCT, the Office of Health Strategy and CHCACT.
- Collaborates with internal staff and external organizations to ensure timely data collection and reporting.
- Reports to the Covered CT Program Supervisor.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
This position does not have any supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Experience working in health care setting, community outreach or customer service.
- Skilled at using various social media platforms.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Must be able to explain information clearly and succinctly
- Must possess intermediate-level computer skills MS Office (Word, Excel, OneNote, PowerPoint, Outlook, Internet, email and databases).
- Able to read, comprehend, write, and speak English fluently.
- Must be able to communicate well with all individuals within various funding agencies, FQHCs or community partners and also with the general public via email, telephone, and in person.
- Must be able to build strong relationships and work collaboratively across all levels.
- Able to compile, categorize, calculate, tabulate, audit, or verify information or data as well as document/record information. Ability to analyze problems and recommend effective solutions.
- Must be highly detail-oriented and have excellent organizational and time management skills. Ability to multi-task, manage and prioritize various and differing projects, as well as work effectively toward numerous deadlines.
- Able to work independently and in a team environment, contributing to the achievement of organization’s objectives.
- Bilingual or Multilingual a plus
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
B.S. in Community Health, Psychology, Community Health or Health Science Studies or health-related field. Experience in lieu of a degree will be considered. Must be willing to work some nights and weekends. Residence or familiarity with Tolland, Litchfield, Windham, New Haven or Middlesex county preferred.
PHYSICAL AND VISUAL REQUIREMENTS:
While performing the duties of this job, the individual is regularly required to use computers and office equipment, manipulate documents, and move about the office. The employee may experience prolonged periods of sitting with significant time spent viewing computer screens. The employee may occasionally move materials up to 25 pounds and must be able to access and navigate each department at the organization.
The position requires above average interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills. Bilingual or Multilingual is a plus.
MENTAL DEMANDS AND REASONING ABILITIES:
Job requires the ability to focus, attention to detail as well as thoroughness in completing work goals and reviewing budgets. The ability to analyze information, formulate diverse solutions and make decisions using logic to address work-related issues is required.
This is a hybrid work position with regular or intermittent visits to the work location (Cheshire, CT) with the expectation that the individual perform the majority of the work in a field setting. The individual will likely spend 1-3 days per week in field once initial orientation period is complete. . The individual must possess and maintain a valid Driver’s License and pass a motor vehicle history check. TRAVEL UP TO 70% IS REQUIRED.
This position description has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. The Association reserves the right to modify, change or add to the position’s job duties and responsibilities as business needs may require. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
CHCACT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer including protected Veterans and individuals with disabilities. CHCACT considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, an individual’s sex, race, color, religion, age, disability, status as a veteran, or national or ethnic origin; nor does CHCACT discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity or expression.
How to Apply