Accountable for providing clinical services under the supervision of a licensed professional.
Works under the clinical and administrative supervision of a Coordinator and/or Director.
- As a member of multi-disciplinary clinical team or within a network of community based behavioral health services develops psychosocial assessments through clinical interviews with assigned clients and families which include consideration of developmental, social and/or cultural, substance abuse, psychological, environmental and medical issues
- Develops treatment plans including measurable treatment objectives
- Provides clinical treatment services in form of triage, crisis intervention, individual, group and/or family therapy, screening and planning
- Advocates and develops networks of social and clinical services to assist clients in meeting identified needs
- Monitors and evaluates effectiveness of treatment plans, documents treatment in clinical records
- Completes all required documentation related to client treatment in accordance with established procedures
- Completes reports in accordance with agency and accrediting bodies
- Consults and collaborates with other behavioral health providers to improve delivery of services to clients
- Provides evaluations and court testimony as required
- Maintains social work treatment and standards as required
- Maintains treatment records in accordance with agency and regulatory bodies
- Performs concurrent documentation of service delivery
- Performs Project Safe Evaluations, if certified to do so
- May participate in research projects
- Performs related duties as required
Knowledge of behavioral health methodology, casework, group work and community mobilization; knowledge of family and interpersonal relationship dynamics; knowledge of values, sanctions, purposes and ethics of professional clinical work; knowledge of social, cultural, economic, medical, psychological and legal issues which influence attitudes and behaviors of clients and families; knowledge of mental illnesses and approaches to treatment; considerable interpersonal skills; considerable oral, written, and computer communication skills; ability to devise and implement a treatment plan with measurable goals that address client needs; ability to work effectively in a team-based treatment atmosphere; ability to independently apply current psychiatric treatment modalities to address client needs.
Master Degree in Behavioral Health discipline from an Accredited University. LMSW or LCSW preferred. Spanish speaking preferred but not necessary.
How to Apply