Optimus Health Care is a Federally Qualified Health Care Center with sites operating in Bridgeport, Stamford and Stratford, CT. We are the largest provider of primary health care services in Fairfield County, proudly serving all patients regardless of their income, race, or insurance status.
We are presently recruiting for a Clinical Learning & Development Manager who under the direction of Chief Human Resources Officer, the Clinical Learning and Development Manager (CL&D) serves in a consultative capacity for driving change throughout the organization. In partnership with management leaders and Human Resources, the Learning and Development Manager is involved in the design, development, and delivery of solutions that better assess, align, develop and utilize our organization, individual leaders (administration and clinical) and staff employees to standardize processes and establish best practices. Major responsibilities include serving as the internal subject matter expert (SME) on organizational performance assessment, organizational design, and organizational change. In collaboration, with the CHRO, the CL&D assumes responsibility for clinical environment assessment, leader and team assessment, learning and development in accordance with current federal, state, and local standards, guidelines, and regulations that govern PCMHs and federally qualified health centers.
The Clinical Learning & development Manager must be willing to work at all of the Optimus sites as needed.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES 1. Partner with internal leaders and Human Resources on issues pertinent to Sr. leadership, organizational effectiveness, and change management in an effort to improve overall organizational performance.
- Identify opportunities to develop fully integrated learning solutions that blend organizational effectiveness, talent development, change management, and learning to drive significant improvements in performance, productivity, and work environment.
- Assess and diagnose organizational situations, ensure alignment of business goals with organizational designs and develops or recommends solutions (i.e. functional design, roles and responsibilities, leadership alignment, skill development, etc.)
- Directs the needs assessment for training and staff development to enhance the effectiveness of employee performance in achieving the goals and objectives of the organization.
- Lead Change Management efforts for clinical team initiatives which include design of change management strategies and employee engagement.
- Design, develops and maintain HR training programs and records for management and employees.
- Develop, organize and/or facilitate leadership and employee training which will strengthen organizational capabilities, employee skill set, and team performance
- Develop and implement advanced learning and certification opportunities that will contribute to enhanced patient work flow, quality of care and overall employee retention. 9. Participate in Optimus’ Performance Improvement Committee as a way to leverage best practices for the organization.
- Provides a broad range of consultative services to all levels of employees regarding policies and procedures where and when appropriate.
- Identifies and incorporates best practices and lessons learned into program plans 12. Reporting to the Chief of Human Resources and Director of Nursing the Learning and Development Manager will work to continually build our leadership pipeline to insure strong succession management for leadership and clinical development.
- Plans, directs, and conducts health center mandatory in-service training programs as required and as deemed necessary by performance improvement efforts aligning with state and federal laws and the policies and procedures of Optimus Health Care, Inc.,
- Ensures that all personnel attend required training by coordinating scheduled in-services and trainings.
- Develops lesson plans for clinical orientation and in-service program. Ensures that learning objectives, methods of teaching and evaluation/post-test are included.
- Develops learning activities, audio-visual materials, instructor guides, and lesson plans.
- Conducts research to ensure lesson plan content is accurate and current by industry standards. May include seeking out subject matter experts in the related field, researching articles on the Internet, etc.
- Leverage internal resources to deliver solutions as appropriate.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
ADDITIONAL GENERAL REQUIREMENTS: Professional positive attitude, vision, understanding of customer service principals, trustworthiness, and excellent interpersonal skills to successfully accomplish tasks necessary to meet high standards of ethical and social responsibility required by this position. Ambitious self-starter with a solutions based orientation and elevated ability to execute independently; excellent strategic thinking and partnering/consultative skills; demonstrated ability to influence and drive change throughout the organization; Proven results orientation
JOB QUALIFICATIONS/REQUIREMENTS EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in learning and development or relevant work experience; BSN degree or an MSN degree in clinical education preferred; Minimum of 3 years demonstrated experience in direct outpatient care or similar health care setting.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in learning and development in roles with large, complex organizations, preferably with experience in organizational development or Human Resources.
- Minimum of 3 years demonstrated experience in direct outpatient care or similar health care setting.
- Knowledge and experience in utilizing organizational development models and assessment tools preferred.
- Certification in individual or team assessment tools a plus.
- Organizational development and/or change management experience.
- Ability to manage projects through resources that do not directly report to position.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and facilitation skills.
- Ability to interact with people at all levels; Ability to be a team player
- Experience with Windows applications, proficient use of computer’ strong knowledge of Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel, PPT, Publisher and Visio
- Strong communication, verbal and written and interpersonal skills
- Ability to analyze and solve problems with limited assistance
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Knowledge and strong use of the English language, Bi-lingual a Plus, but not required
LICENSURE / CERTIFICATION: PHR/SPHR ideal but not required
Working for Optimus: • OHC provides a fun, fast-paced working environment, where our commitment to quality is present in every job function. • Excellent employer paid benefits • Competitive Compensation • Optimus and its caring, multi-lingual staff proudly serve our community in a patient-centered environment.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
How to Apply
Optimus Health Care