Child and Family Therapist
Summary: Provide individual and/or family mental health assessment and treatment for children, adolescents, and their families. May also provide services to adult clients.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities: All duties are subject to accommodation in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
- Provides psychosocial assessment, intervention, treatment, and referral as appropriate to clients in need of these services.
- Facilitates group sessions as assigned.
- Refers clients for Behavioral Health Services such as psychiatric care and other SWCHC services as necessary.
- Consults with psychiatric staff, other department members and medical staff regarding patient care.
- Participates in Behavioral Health, Pediatric and other department case conferences/meetings as requested.
- Provides advocacy for clients within the school system and other systems, such as DCF.
- Obtains preauthorization and re-authorizations to ensure reimbursement of services.
- Maintains client records and provides other documentation as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Computer literate including Microsoft Office; ability to document in an EHR.
- Ability to work well with culturally diverse populations.
- CPR/BLS Certified
Education and/or Experience:
- Graduate degree in Social Work, Counseling or Human Services.
- CT License required. LCSW, LPC, LMFT preferred.
- Experience in providing services to medically underserved and culturally diverse populations.
- Ability to utilize Electronic Health Record (EHR)
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
The physical requirements and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This position requires the manual dexterity sufficient to operate phones, computers, and other office equipment. The position requires the physical ability to kneel, bend and perform light lifting. This person must have the ability to write and speak clearly using the English language to convey information and be able to hear at normal speaking levels both in person and over the telephone. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. Generally, the working conditions are good with little or no exposure to extremes in health, safety hazards and/or hazardous materials. This person must have the ability to travel as required to work with staff.
How to Apply