Chief Medical Officer
Since 1970, Community Health Services has existed to provide comprehensive health care services to the residents of Hartford and Windsor. We were made for the community, by the community, to offer a full spectrum of services to include medical, behavioral health care, dental care, a full-service pharmacy and more. Our goal is to offer our patients a medical home; a place where they can come for all of their needs; a place where the clinical staff know them by their first name. Our dedicated staff demonstrate the good we can do on a daily basis when we provide quality care with dignity to each and every individual. We want to help our patients get all of the health care they need – when they need it – so they may too live a healthier and happier life.
Community Health Services, Inc. is seeking an experienced physician as its Chief Medical Officer. Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer and serving as a member of the Senior Management Team, the Chief Medical Officer will provide clinical leadership to CHS provider staff, develop clinical strategic goals and ensure the delivery of high-quality patient care. With the Chief Quality Officer, provide clinical leadership as part of the quality assessment and performance improvement program. With the Clinical Directors, develop and ensure the achievement of strategic clinical and business objectives. With Human Resources, oversee recruitment, retention, and engagement of clinical staff. Lead by example in the delivery of effective and efficient patient care.
The incumbent will work cooperatively with internal and external stakeholders to ensure the achievement of strategic priorities. The Chief Medical Officer will deliver clinical care as well as performing administrative duties.
Successful Candidate can expect compensation with the range of $230,000 – $300,000
The successful candidate will be a graduate of an accredited medical school and will:
- Have board certification in Internal Medicine, Family Medicine, or other area related to primary care and at least 7 years’ experience as a practicing clinician, including at least 5 years’ of director or senior level leadership experience
- Possess or be eligible to obtain a license to practice medicine in the State of Connecticut
- Demonstrate the willingness and ability to deliver high quality patient care in an efficient manner to underserved populations with complex needs
- Exhibit a strong community health/public health orientation coupled with a deep understanding of effective primary care delivery models
- Have experience with recruitment, on-boarding, retention and supervision of clinical providers
- Demonstrate the ability to develop and successfully execute short-, mid-, and long-term enterprise-wide strategic goals
- Possess superior communication skills and have demonstrated success building and maintaining positive and productive relationships with clinical and administrative staff, patients, and external partners and stakeholders
- Have a deep understanding of principles of clinical quality, including ongoing professional practice evaluation and experience nurturing a culture of continuous improvement, teamwork and collaboration
- Possess an aptitude for collecting, analyzing and presenting a variety of data, including performance, productivity and financial data, and comfort making defensible, evidence-based decisions
- Be comfortable working with electronic health record systems
- Be willing to be accountable and to hold others accountable
- Demonstrate alignment with the organizational mission
CHS requires all new employees to be vaccinated against Covid-19 prior to starting employment with CHS unless they are approved for a reasonable accommodation based on disability, medical condition, or religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated.
Some benefit programs available to eligible employees include:
- Competitive Pay
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 401(k) Plan and up to 4% Employer Match
- Generous Paid Time Off
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- Employer Paid Short Term Disability
- Employer Paid Long Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Various Leave Programs – Bereavement, Military, Maternity, and more
- Community Health Services participates in the NHSC Loan Repayment Program
Community Health Services is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.