Chief Medical Officer
**** Chief Medical Officer****
Annual Salary Range: $225,000 – $250,000
Charter Oak Health Center promotes healthier communities by providing quality, safe, patient-centered health care services in medically under-served areas, regardless of ability to pay.
At Charter Oak Health Center, we like to think globally and act locally. While serving our community, we are committed to becoming a model for other health centers to emulate. Our mission guides our work every day.
Charter Oak Health Center is seeking employment of a Chief Medical Officer who is eager to work in a diverse environment. This person must have passion to work in the under served environment and must be a team player. The individual must believe in the mission and vision of Charter Oak Health Center in order to deliver support to those in need.
Under the administrative direction of the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), the Chief Medical Officer (CMO) is responsible for Charter Oak Health Center’s compliance with all clinical medical policies, staffing, directives, rules, regulations and clinical performance standards of the State, Federal Government, Local entities and health center bylaws and accrediting bodies. The CMO serves as the corporation’s ultimate authority on medical and clinical issues. Provides professional medical services as appropriate, and other related work, as designated by the Chief Executive Officer including, but not limited to essential job functions.
Core Competencies/Skill Sets:
- Over two – four years of leadership experience in an inpatient or outpatient facility is preferred; experience treating or managing care for a culturally diverse inner city population will be an advantage.
- Demonstrated broad knowledge and/or experience with the Federal regulations and related to the operation of a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC).
- High standards of personal integrity, ability to supervise and manage people and systems, possess excellent communication skills and the ability to lead; previous experience in a Physician Executive/Leadership role will be an advantage.
- Demonstrated ability to collaboratively evaluate and pursue federal and state grant opportunities to enhance the clinical services at COHC.
- Qualified to obtain medical staff privileges at local community hospital(s).
- Demonstrated experience in utilization management, quality management, patient safety programs and medical staff credentialing will be an advantage.
- Participation in clinical outcomes research and previous experience and publications in community health and/or specialty area will be an advantage.
- Strong independent decision making ability and strong influencing, negotiating and analytical skills as well as strong personnel development, team building and mentoring skills.
- Be willing to remain clinically active albeit in a limited role.
Professional Experience/Educational Requirements:
- Medical Doctor or Doctor of Osteopathy and board certification in chosen primary care specialty of Internal Medicine, Family Medicine.
- Have and maintain an active “unrestricted” medical license in the State of Connecticut.
How to Apply
Location:Charter Oak Health Center Hartford