Chief Financial Officer
Optimus Health Care is a Federally Qualified Health Care Center with sites operating in Bridgeport, Stamford and Stratford, CT. We are the largest provider of primary health care services in Fairfield County, proudly serving all patients regardless of their income, race, or insurance status.
We are presently looking for a Chief Financial Officer to join our senior leadership team.
To be part of our organization, every employee should understand and share in Optimus’ Vision, support our Mission, and live our Values. These values-outstanding, patient-centered, trustworthy, integrity, multicultural, understanding and supportive -help guide what we do, as individuals and professionals, every day.
The Chief Financial Officer directs all financial activities of Optimus, including defining and establishing the necessary accountability systems including the development of Optimus’ annual budget. Direct responsibility for financial planning, budgeting, and reporting, general accounting, grants and contracts accounting and reporting, insurance, payer contracting, billing, internal controls, auditing, and purchasing.
The Chief Financial Officer carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. May be assigned additional fiscal related staff supervision as services and operations expand based upon function.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Responsible for all financial accounting and reporting, procedures, and internal controls of the
department, including, but not limited to:
• Monthly bank reconciliations
• Reconcile general ledger control accounts to corresponding subsidiary ledgers
• Accounts Payable – verify accuracy, classifications, and proper approvals
• Accounts Receivable – verify daily deposits and proper classifications
• Prepares the annual budget, individual grant budgets and site and department. budgets.
• Analyzes, prepares, and presents monthly financial statements to management and the Board.
• Reviews department and site financial statements with directors, provides assistance and presents information at meetings as requested.
• Monitors departmental budgetary performance and internal controls.
• Supervision of Purchasing, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, and general accounting functions of the Finance Department.
• Develops and implements with direct reports, financial policies, and procedures and in collaboration with the Chief Compliance Officer ensures compliance.
• Prepares and presents the financial statements in conformity with accounting principles generally accepted in the United States (GAAP).
• Ensures that the financial statements and all accounting records are accurate for examination by the independent auditors.
• Responsible for the organization’s relationship with federal and state tax authorities and government regulators.
• Demonstrates a comprehensive understanding of Billing and Collections for financial sustainability.
• Reviews billing/collection patterns and makes corrective recommendations.
• Interprets and enforces third-party payer rules and regulations, including Medicare and Medicaid requirements.
• Ensures related necessary cost reporting/billing is performed.
• Interacts with Information Technology Department on computer operations related to financial activities.
• In collaboration with the Human Resources Department as it relates to medical benefits and the Compliance Department as it relates to liability coverage will ensure all insurances are processes in a timely and efficiently to ensure best cost practices and provide all required coverage.
• Reviews departmental performance and ensures compliance with fiscal governmental reporting requirements, including tax reports.
• Attend Finance Committee meetings and present current fiscal status.
• Pursues all financial activities, in conjunction with the CEO, to expand the organization, including but not limited to, enhanced education and training related to rules and regulations affecting FQHC’s, monitoring and providing oversight into fiscal related compliance issues and pursing all avenues of funding available to non-profit organizations.
• Manages and evaluates performance of supervisors to ensure quality of service and technical expertise of staff.
• Maintains strictest of confidentiality.
• Participates in professional development activities and maintains professional affiliations.
ADDITIONAL GENERAL REQUIREMENTS
Professional positive attitude, vision, understanding of customer service principals, trustworthiness, and excellent interpersonal skills to successfully accomplish tasks necessary to meet high standards of ethical and social responsibility required by this position.
1. Knowledge of the principles of financial management sufficient to direct professional staff and coordinate all aspects involved with fiscal requirements of the clinic.
2. Knowledge of clinic financial and budgetary practices to develop annual budget, analyze financial data and patterns, and prepare financial statements.
3. Knowledge of clinic’s strategic business objectives and employee performance objectives.
4. Knowledge of governmental and health care fiscal regulations and reporting requirements.
5. Knowledge of computer systems, spreadsheet and financial system programs and applications.
6. Skilled in exercising a high degree of initiative, judgment, discretion, and decision-making to achieve clinic objectives.
7. Skilled in evaluating clinic operations as they related to policies, goals and objectives, costs, and rate levels.
8. Skilled in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with patients, medical staff, and the public.
9. Skilled in identifying and resolving accounting and financial problems.
10. Ability to create a work atmosphere which encourages motivation, innovation, and high performance.
11. Ability to delegate responsibility and authority to staff.
12. Ability to communicate effectively and clearly.
All employees of Optimus Health Care must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 subject only to the limited exemptions required by law.
EDUCATION: Must have an advanced degree such as an MBA or MS in Finance and /or CPA preferred. A minimum of five (5) years’ experience in fiscal services (grants, contracts, billing and collections, bookkeeping, accounting, reporting) may be substituted and/or combined with education to meet this requirement.
EXPERIENCE: Five years of fiscal management experience including three years in a health care organization preferably in a non-profit setting.
Working for Optimus:
• OHC provides a fun, fast-paced working environment, where our commitment to quality is present in every job function.
• 100% Outpatient Setting
* Excellent health & welfare benefit options
• Competitive Compensation
• Optimus and its caring, multi-lingual staff proudly serve our community in a patient-centered environment.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
How to Apply
Tp Apply either copy and paste the link below or click on our career page at www.optimushealthcare.org and click on the Chief Financial Officer position. https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs/ViewJobDetails?job=38165&clientkey=42D1FE98F86588DC34C361701FA90695 Tp Apply either copy and paste the link below or click on our career page at www.optimushealthcare.org and click on the Chief Financial Officer position. https://www.paycomonline.net/v4/ats/web.php/jobs/ViewJobDetails?job=38165&clientkey=42D1FE98F86588DC34C361701FA90695
Tp Apply either copy and paste the link below or click on our career page at www.optimushealthcare.org and click on the Chief Financial Officer position.