The Community Health Center Association of Connecticut (“CHCACT”) is a membership association comprised of community health centers, all of whom provide comprehensive health care to the people of Connecticut and beyond. The Association, with headquarters in Cheshire, Connecticut is a recognized national leader in the provision of technical assistance and training in practice transformation and quality improvement. Our team of professionals is dedicated to strengthening and supporting the clinical and operational performance of community health centers. Our mission is to advance and align the work of health centers, with stakeholders, to improve the health and wellness of all.
The individuals comprising our Association are the source of our creativity, reputation, and vitality. Every position here at CHCACT is critical to our ability to achieve our shared objectives. Each time we hire a new staff member, we are given the chance to enhance the community and to demonstrate CHCACT’s values of accountability, diversity, respect, and responsibility. We do this by using fair, legal, inclusive, and effective hiring practices that support and comply with CHCACT’s policy and the applicable State and Federal laws in a way that is mindful of climate, culture and diversity, and by affirming the unique qualities of each individual throughout the hiring process.
POSITION SUMMARY & FUNCTIONS:
Accountable for project initiation and planning, and for oversight of business activities across a portfolio of projects, both internally and for external customers. This includes initial project planning efforts such as developing the project scope, defining project guidelines, obtaining sponsor approvals, and coordinating resources necessary to successfully complete the project. Responsible for effectively communicating analysis to appropriate stakeholders, to gain support and buy-in of suggested improvements.
- Oversee the full project management life cycle
- Manage a portfolio of internal and external projects thru completion; prepare project summaries and dashboards
- Prepare presentations to communicate project status
- Manage process execution within and across teams
- Perform budget and time tracking analysis
- Manage contracts as needed
- Communicate major milestones, identify potential project risks, provide continuing direction to the project team, and conduct regular status meetings to review project activities.
- Implement change management procedures, evaluate impacts to overall project commitments, evaluate and present options, and implement approved changes
- Ensure project efforts meet customer expectations for agreed upon schedule, cost and objectives
- Contribute project management best practices and disciplines; foster and promote knowledge exchange
- Facilitate project related brainstorming, planning, and Gantt chart mapping sessions
- Create a detailed Execution Plan using a unique process called Objective Driven Logic, applied to a Time-Scaled Dependency Chart
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Indirect supervision of support staff.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Experience implementing and managing small to complex projects with multiple internal and external
- Ability to address and understand interdependencies within
- Experience managing deliverables and milestones on time, within budget, and aligned with needs of
- Strong organizational
- Proven track record in meeting project
- Proven communication skills both written and verbal; ability to communicate effectively across all
- Builds and leverages strong relationships to work effectively across business areas; identifies cross-functional support required to achieve business
- Proven ability to affect or advocate for change/interpersonal
- Solid Project Management skills including risk assessment and
- Willing to learn new techniques, tools and approaches and in turn train others on these skills.
- Knowledge of business purpose of the project and ability to make decisions within that context.
- Ability to translate organizational vision into a project
- Ability to keep project moving toward successful completion in face of aggressive schedules.
- Knowledge of team strengths and weaknesses and ability to effectively utilize team members to complement and support each other. Active feedback to team members and stakeholders.
- Ability to recognize resistance and overcome
- Ability to identify key issues & problems and pick the best choice among
- Ability to make timely decisions and take action reflective of business
- Ability to provide information regarding tasks, plans, schedule, strategies and org structure to
- Strong negotiation skills and understanding of various
- Advanced knowledge of project management processes, methodologies, tools & techniques and ability to adapt them to
- Understanding of formal and informal organizational
- High-level understanding of applications used in the organization’s industry. Ability to adapt project management processes to organization’s product life
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree in a health-related field. Master’s degree preferred. PMP certification required. Prior experience acting as a project lead, developing communication plans required. Experience in lieu of degree will be considered.
PHYSICAL AND VISUAL REQUIREMENTS:
While performing the duties of this job, the individual is regularly required to use computers and office equipment, manipulate documents and move about the office. The employee may occasionally move materials up to 25 pounds.
The position requires the ability to read, and interpret financial reports, and legal contracts and documents. Must have ability to effectively speak before groups and present training to all types of audiences.
MENTAL DEMANDS AND REASONING ABILITIES:
Job requires the ability to focus, attention to detail at times and thoroughness in completing work goals. The ability to analyze information, formulate diverse solutions and make decisions using logic to address work-related issues is required.
The incumbent regularly performs work in an office environment as well as at PCA sites. Travel (up to 50%) may be required to attend meetings throughout the USA.
This position description has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. The Association reserves the right to modify, change or add to the position’s job duties and responsibilities as business needs may require.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.