POSITION SUMMARY & FUNCTIONS: The Executive Assistant will provide administrative and operational support to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), additional C-Level staff, and CHCACT’s Board of Directors (BOD’s). This individual will be responsible for a wide range of administrative activities, including management of complex calendars and scheduling requirements, tracking key deliverables, coordinating meeting agendas, and manage information flow in a timely and accurate manner. They will be required to prepare and edit high level, polished correspondence, communications, presentations, and other documents as directed. The ideal individual will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations and will possess strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills. The Executive Assistant must be able to work under pressure and handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion. The individual must enjoy working in an environment that is mission-driven, results-driven, and focused on improving community health.
- Provide comprehensive high-level administrative and operational support to the CEO and BOD’s that ensures outstanding communication and responsiveness.
- Provide sophisticated calendar management; prioritize inquiries and requests, troubleshoot conflicts with little guidance, make judgments and recommendations as needed. Requires coordinating with members of CHCACT’s BOD’s, individuals within various agencies, staff at member FQHC’s, advocates, community partners and other stakeholders as needed.
- Support CEO with internal and external communications.
- Serve as a liaison to BOD’s. Interact with BOD’s and FQHC staff as needed.
- Facilitate communication with the BOD’s including preparation/distribution of meeting agendas, minutes of meetings of the BOD’s and requests pertinent to Board activities. In CEO’s absence, ensures request for action or information are relayed to appropriate staff members.
- Prepare and edit high quality polished correspondence, communications, presentations, and other documents as directed. Record and transcribe meeting minutes.
- Conduct research and information gathering on behalf of the CEO and prepare summaries and reports.
- Arrange, coordinate, and prepare for meetings and events for convenings, retreats, various BOD’s meetings, and other appropriate logistics.
- Work in strong partnership with the CEO and C-Level staff to meet CHCAT’s goals and objectives.
- Coordinate travel and accommodation arrangements and prepare itineraries for CEO. Assist CEO with creation and submission of expense reports.
- Welcome guests. Answer and screen all calls (main line), inquiries, visitors, and correspondence and route all accordingly.
- Strengthen relationships with existing members, help to identify areas where improvement is needed, and convey information to Senior Leaders and other CHCACT staff when needed.
- Identify and respond to requests for information and service or forward to appropriate CHCAT staff within 48 hours from receipt.
- Introduce member key organization members with CHCACT key leaders including clinical, quality improvement, training, operations, finance, HR, and IT as applicable to create a high touch experience when needed.
- Maintain a strong knowledge of CHCACT’s services.
- Work collaboratively with contributors to the CHCACT website and weekly newsletter to assure website postings are up to date and weekly bulletin information is comprehensive.
- Maintain quality filing and communications systems including in-office files, contact management, document management, and archiving. Revise published filing, archiving, and retention procedures as needed.
- Manage and maintain office supplies inventory, anticipate needed supplies; evaluate new office products, submit/expedite orders for supplies, verify receipt and deployment/storage of supplies in the designated locations.
- Must be able to work flexible hours when needed to accommodate early or late meetings or events.
- Must be able to drive personal motor vehicle to travel to member FQHC’s as needed.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Able to read, comprehend, write, and speak English proficiently.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal relationship skills.
- Able to communicate complex information clearly and succinctly, both in writing and orally in multiple formats (presentations, memos, emails, reports, documents, minutes etc.).
- Demonstrated knowledge and expertise in relationship building. Must be able to build strong relationships with members of CHCACT’s BOD’s, all levels of individuals within various agencies, staff at member Health Centers, advocates, community partners and other stakeholders.
- Strong collaboration, and customer service skills.
- Demonstrated ability of maintaining confidential and proprietary information.
- Strong computer skills. Must be highly proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, OneNote, PowerPoint), Google Suite, SharePoint, Zoom, Internet searches, VOIP phone systems, etc.
- Knowledge of contract administration, and budgeting. Project management skills a plus.
- Must have excellent organizational and time management skills. Ability to multi-task, manage and prioritize various and differing projects, as well as work effectively toward numerous deadlines.
- Strong analytical skills, attention to details and the ability to follow up with appropriate individuals accordingly.
- Ability to analyze problems and show initiative in resolving issues/challenges proactively and identifying opportunities for improvement.
- Ability be self-directed and motivated and also work as a team player when needed.
- Must possess flexibility to adapt and perform well in a frequently changing environment.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Driver’s License and must successfully complete a motor vehicle history check.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Minimum of an Associate’s degree in business or a paralegal certification is preferred. Experience in lieu of degree will be considered. 3 or more years of related experience that includes experience as Executive Assistant, paralegal or other relevant position. Prior experience working with Federally Qualified Health Center’s, or member associations is preferred.
PHYSICAL AND VISUAL REQUIREMENTS:
While performing the duties of this job, the individual is regularly required to use computers and office equipment, manipulate documents, and move about the office. The employee may experience prolonged periods of sitting. The employee may occasionally move materials up to 25 pounds and must be able to access and navigate each department at the organization’s facility. This position may require driving a personal vehicle on behalf of CHCACT. The individual may be required to drive to various member FQHC’s,
The position requires the ability to read, and interpret financial reports, and legal contract, and grant documents. Must have ability to effectively speak before groups and present information to all types of audiences.
MENTAL DEMANDS AND REASONING ABILITIES:
Job requires targeted focus and attention to detail as well as thoroughness in completing work goals. The ability to analyze information, formulate diverse solutions and make decisions using logic to address work-related issues is required.
This position is required to work from the office location (Cheshire, CT). Individual must have the ability to work from their home when needed. The incumbent will regularly perform work an office environment. They may be required to travel to visit member FQHC’s throughout the state of CT as needed. Will be required to utilize their personal vehicle when traveling to current members.
This position description has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. The Association reserves the right to modify, change or add to the position’s job duties and responsibilities as business needs may require. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
CHCACT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer including protected Veterans and individuals with disabilities. CHCACT considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, an individual’s sex, race, color, religion, age, disability, status as a veteran, or national or ethnic origin; nor does CHCACT discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity or expression.
COMPENSATION This is a full-time, exempt position. Salary is commensurate with experience; full benefits package offered.
TO APPLY Send resume and cover letter to: Human Resources at email@example.com
Please write: Executive Assistant in the email subject line
No phone calls please
How to Apply