The Community Health Center Association of Connecticut (“CHCACT”) is a membership association comprised of community health centers, all of whom provide comprehensive health care to the people of Connecticut and beyond. The Association, with headquarters in Cheshire, Connecticut is a recognized national leader in the provision of technical assistance and training in practice transformation and quality improvement. Our team of professionals is dedicated to strengthening and supporting the clinical and operational performance of community health centers. Our mission is to advance and align the work of health centers, with stakeholders, to improve the health and wellness of all.
The individuals comprising our Association are the source of our creativity, reputation, and vitality. Every position here at CHCACT is critical to our ability to achieve our shared objectives. Each time we hire a new staff member, we are given the chance to enhance the community and to demonstrate CHCACT’s values of accountability, diversity, respect, and responsibility. We do this by using fair, legal, inclusive, and effective hiring practices that support and comply with CHCACT’s policy and the applicable State and Federal laws in a way that is mindful of climate, culture, and diversity, and by affirming the unique qualities of each individual throughout the hiring process.
POSITION SUMMARY & FUNCTIONS:
The IT Data Analyst supports CHCACT by facilitating the collection, analysis, reporting, and sharing of clinical and non-clinical data for the providers of Federally Qualified Health Centers (FQHCs) in CT, and external entities, as required. The position will report to the HIT Director.
- Serve as subject matter expert on program, state, and federal reporting requirements (e.g., UDS, HEDIS, etc.) for member health centers.
- Collaborate and consult with data analysts at member health centers to ensure the appropriate data is being captured for CHCACT programs and federal reporting.
- Maintain Access database of health center Uniform Data System (UDS) files.
- Extract, analyze and visualize data from Access and SQL databases to derive regional and network insights to support CHCACT operations.
- Create data collateral (visualizations, graphs, presentations, etc.) to support CHCACT’s organizational efforts.
- Collaborate with the Director of Training and Education to support training and technical assistance efforts focused on building data skills and data driven decision making throughout the organization.
- Identify and address data requirements, and data quality issues. Analyze population, and disease specific and relevant quality measure data.
- Organize and facilitate collaborative workgroups among CT Health Centers focused on EHR optimization to improve data capture and the care team experience.
- Provide data validation and analytics support to HCCN systems and Clinical Data Warehouse initiatives. Participate in arranging for the collection of clinical and other data from participating health centers.
- Work with CHCACT program leads to design reporting templates and methodology to meet contractual requirements.
- Develop or contribute to grant applications and program reports.
- Work collaboratively with both internal staff and external organizations.
- Travel to in-state member sites or out-of-state conferences/meetings as required.
- Exercise prudent judgment and confidentiality regarding association, member, and client information.
- Perform any other department or agency-related duties or special projects as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Able to read, comprehend, write, and speak English fluently.
- Must have a professional demeanor and the ability to lead groups and present materials effectively.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal relationship skills.
- Able to communicate complex information clearly and succinctly, both in writing and orally in multiple formats.
- Must be able to build strong relationships and work collaboratively with all levels of individuals within various agencies, FQHC leaders, advocates, community partners and other stakeholders.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, OneNote, PowerPoint, Outlook), Zoom and Internet. Experience with SharePoint and Access databases is a plus.
- Working knowledge and experience with the use of clinical and administrative data to support quality improvement for patient care and operations.
- Experience with SQL/other reporting language or querying data from databases.
- Experience with visualization software like Tableau or PowerBI and/or ESRI ArcGIS is a plus.
- Working knowledge of or experience with electronic health record systems.
- Must be highly detail-oriented and have excellent organizational and time management skills. Ability to multi-task, manage and prioritize various and differing projects, as well as work effectively toward numerous deadlines.
- Ability to analyze problems and recommend effective solutions
- Show initiative in resolving issues/challenges proactively and identifying opportunities for improvement.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and maximum accountability. High degree of independence, flexibility, initiative, and commitment is required.
- Must possess and maintain a valid Driver’s License and must successfully complete a motor vehicle history check.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree preferably in data science, business analytics, computer science, or a related field. Experience in lieu of degree will be considered. Minimum of 2 years of demonstrated skills and background in data analytics. Experience working in a health care setting, preferably with a FQHC and/or in an ambulatory/outpatient setting.
PHYSICAL AND VISUAL REQUIREMENTS:
While performing the duties of this job, the individual is regularly required to use computers and office equipment, manipulate documents, and move about the office. The employee may experience prolonged periods of sitting. The employee may occasionally move materials up to 25 pounds and must be able to access and navigate each department at the organization’s facility. This position requires driving a personal vehicle on behalf of CHCACT.
The position requires above average interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills. Must have the ability to effectively speak before groups and present training to all types of audiences.
MENTAL DEMANDS AND REASONING ABILITIES:
Job requires the ability to focus, attention to detail as well as thoroughness in completing work goals. The ability to analyze information, formulate diverse solutions and make decisions using logic to address work-related issues is required.
The individual in this position will be required to work from CHCACT’s office located in Cheshire, CT with regular visits to the to the FQHC sites supported by CHCACT. This individual should also have the ability to work from home. This position requires work to be performed in an office environment as well as at FQHC sites. Up to 30% of the individual’s time may be spent providing support at CT FQHC’s and attending meetings throughout the state. Some out-of- state travel is required as well. This position requires use of a personal vehicle on an on-going basis to drive to FQHC sites basis.
This position description has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. The Association reserves the right to modify, change or add to the position’s job duties and responsibilities as business needs may require. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
CHCACT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer including protected Veterans and individuals with disabilities. CHCACT considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, an individual’s sex, race, color, religion, age, disability, status as a veteran, or national or ethnic origin; nor does CHCACT discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity or expression.
Please email Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like a copy of the full Job Description.
How to Apply