The Community Health Center Association of Connecticut (“CHCACT”) is a membership association comprised of community health centers, all of whom provide comprehensive health care to the people of Connecticut and beyond. The Association, with headquarters in Cheshire, Connecticut is a recognized national leader in the provision of technical assistance and training in practice transformation and quality improvement. Our team of professionals is dedicated to strengthening and supporting the clinical and operational performance of community health centers. Our mission is to advance and align the work of health centers, with stakeholders, to improve the health and wellness of all.
The individuals comprising our Association are the source of our creativity, reputation, and vitality. Every position here at CHCACT is critical to our ability to achieve our shared objectives. Each time we hire a new staff member, we are given the chance to enhance the community and to demonstrate CHCACT’s values of accountability, diversity, respect, and responsibility. We do this by using fair, legal, inclusive, and effective hiring practices that support and comply with CHCACT’s policy and the applicable State and Federal laws in a way that is mindful of climate, culture, and diversity, and by affirming the unique qualities of each individual throughout the hiring process.
POSITION SUMMARY & FUNCTIONS:
The Accounts Specialist is an essential member of the Finance Team. This position is responsible for processing all Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable transactions and is responsible for all activities associated there with. This role is also responsible for all Payroll activities. As a member of Finance, they will also provide financial reporting to internal and external individuals and interact with auditors as needed. The position will report to the Budget & Finance Manager.
- Records all Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, and Payroll activities.
- Receives and verifies expense reports; reconciles expense and other financial reports with account balances and other office records. Utilizes AMEX, Concur, etc.
- Facilitates payment of vendors, which may include verification of federal ID numbers, reviewing purchase orders, and resolving discrepancies.
- Ensures outstanding obligations are credited upon payment and issues purchase order amendments or stop-payment orders as needed.
- Assists with accounting records and ledgers by reconciling monthly statements and transactions.
- Enters and analyzes data and creates reports for internal and external audiences.
- Reviews and analyzes budgets, contracts, or other financial data to advise internal teams.
- Coordinates and provides support with audit tasks and financial reconciliations as needed.
- Generates, distributes, and files 1099 reporting at the year-end.
- Processes bi-weekly Payroll for all CHCACT employees and STICH members via ADP. Ensures accuracy and resolves payroll discrepancies as needed.
- Responsible for adding and registering for new payroll states with ADP and State and Federal tax agencies as needed.
- Responsible for downloading and filing all biweekly, quarterly, and annual reports. Also responsible for End-of-Year Payroll processes and reconciliation.
- Acts as point person for internal and external contacts as needed.
- Provides Budget and Finance Manager and CFO with support as needed.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, the individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Able to read, comprehend, write, and speak English fluently.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal relationship skills.
- Must be able to build strong relationships and work collaboratively with all levels of internal CHCACT employees.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, primarily Microsoft Excel.
- Ability to learn additional Accounting software, systems, and platforms as needed.
- Able to analyze financial data and prepare reports and records as needed. Must be meticulous.
- Ability to analyze problems and recommend effective solutions.
- Must be highly detail-oriented and have excellent organizational and time management skills. Ability to multi-task, manage and prioritize various and differing projects, as well as work effectively toward numerous deadlines.
- Show initiative in resolving issues/challenges proactively and identifying opportunities for improvement.
- Ability to maintain confidential information.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
High School diploma or GED required. Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Business preferred. Minimum of 3 years of demonstrated skills and background in Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivables required, five years of experience preferred. Certified Accounts Payable Professional (CAPP) certification preferred. ADP Payroll experience strongly preferred.
PHYSICAL AND VISUAL REQUIREMENTS:
While performing the duties of this job, the individual is regularly required to use computers and office equipment, manipulate documents, and move about the office. The employee may experience prolonged periods of sitting. The employee may occasionally move materials up to 25 pounds and must be able to access and navigate each department at the organization’s facility.
The position requires above average interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
MENTAL DEMANDS AND REASONING ABILITIES:
Job requires the ability to focus, attention to detail as well as thoroughness in completing work goals. The ability to analyze information, formulate diverse solutions and make decisions using logic to address work-related issues is required.
This position is required to work from the office location (Cheshire, CT). Individual must have
the ability to work from their home when needed. The incumbent will regularly perform work in
an office environment as well as at FQHC sites. Travel (up to 20%) may be required to travel to
visit member FQHC’s or attend meetings throughout the state of CT. Will be required to utilize
their personal vehicle when traveling within the State of CT.
This position description has excluded the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and responsibilities are essential job functions and requirements. To perform this job successfully, the incumbent(s) will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. The Association reserves the right to modify, change or add to the position’s job duties and responsibilities as business needs may require. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
CHCACT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer including protected Veterans and individuals with disabilities. CHCACT considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, an individual’s sex, race, color, religion, age, disability, status as a veteran, or national or ethnic origin; nor does CHCACT discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity or expression.
How to Apply