Charter Oak Health Center promotes healthier communities by providing quality, safe, patient-centered health care services in medically under-served areas, regardless of ability to pay.
- Over two – four years of leadership experience in an inpatient or outpatient facility is preferred; experience treating or managing care for a culturally diverse inner city population will be an advantage.
- Demonstrated broad knowledge and/or experience with the Federal regulations and related to the operation of a Federally Qualified Health Center (FQHC).
- High standards of personal integrity, ability to supervise and manage people and systems, possess excellent communication skills and the ability to lead; previous experience in a Physician Executive/Leadership role will be an advantage.
- Demonstrated ability to collaboratively evaluate and pursue federal and state grant opportunities to enhance the clinical services at COHC.
- Qualified to obtain medical staff privileges at local community hospital(s).
- Demonstrated experience in utilization management, quality management, patient safety programs and medical staff credentialing will be an advantage.
- Participation in clinical outcomes research and previous experience and publications in community health and/or specialty area will be an advantage.
- Strong independent decision making ability and strong influencing, negotiating and analytical skills as well as strong personnel development, team building and mentoring skills.
- Be willing to remain clinically active albeit in a limited role.
- Medical Doctor or Doctor of Osteopathy and board certification in chosen primary care specialty of Internal Medicine, Family Medicine.
- Have and maintain an active “unrestricted” medical license in the State of Connecticut.