- Functions independently to perform age-appropriate history and physical for complex acute, critical, and chronically ill patients.
- Orders and interprets diagnostic and therapeutic tests relative to patient’s age-specific needs.
- Prescribes appropriate pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic treatment modalities
- Implements interventions to support the patient to regain or maintain physiologic stability.
- Monitors the effectiveness of interventions.
- Perform various procedures including, but not limited to:
- Administer injections
- Perform and/or assist minor surgical procedures
- Obtain PAP smears, genital, wound and other cultures as indicated
- Obtain EKG tracings
- Perform phlebotomy
- Irrigate, stain eye for foreign bodies, abrasions
- Collaborates with multidisciplinary team members by making appropriate referrals.
- Facilitates staff, patient and family decision making by providing educational tools.
- Performs miscellaneous duties as required by management.
- Must maintain appropriate attendance.
- Complies with applicable legal requirements, standards, policies and procedures including but not limited those within the Compliance Process, Code of Conduct, and HIPAA.
- Participates in required orientation and training programs, as required.
- Reports concerns and suspected incidences of non-compliance in accordance with COHC Compliance Re porting Process.
- Cooperates with monitoring and audit functions and investigations.
- Participates, as requested, in process improvement responsibilities.
- Strong computer skills, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated clinical competence in and an in-depth knowledge of cardiovascular nursing.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective communications among and with nursing and other health disciplines; demonstrated ability to communicate to large groups of health professionals.
- Must demonstrate and maintain knowledge and competency in providing care for patients in adolescent, adult and/or age groups
- Registered Nurse in the State of CT
- Healthcare experience in Community Health or Hospital
- Current Nurse Practitioner certification.
- Current provider card in Basic Life Support (BLS); CPR certified
How to Apply
Interested parties should submit resumes and or job posting application to
Attention: Jessica Avery
Please clearly indicate on the resume or cover letter the current posted position for which you are applying.
Charter Oak Health Center