Works as part of a multidisciplinary team to provide clinical services; assumes client care responsibilities inclusive of professional diagnosis and prescribing and/or administering treatment; applies medical knowledge and skills to the process of diagnosis, prevention and treatment of illnesses; offering treatment options and input to treatment plan as a part of a multi-disciplinary team of case managers, therapists, nurses and program managers. Other duties include consultation regarding diagnosis and treatment to other agency staff or to community partners including MDs, and participation in authorization of medical necessity and other utilization management duties.
Essential Position Duties
- Functions independently to perform age-appropriate history and physical for complex acute, critical, and chronically ill patients.
- Orders and interprets diagnostic and therapeutic tests relative to patient’s age-specific needs.
- Prescribes appropriate pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic treatment modalities
- Implements interventions to support the patient to regain or maintain physiologic stability.
- Monitors the effectiveness of interventions.
- Perform various procedures including, but not limited to:
- Administer injections
- Perform and/or assist minor surgical procedures
- Obtain PAP smears, genital, wound and other cultures as indicated
- Obtain EKG tracings
- Perform phlebotomy
- Irrigate, stain eye for foreign bodies, abrasions
- Collaborates with multidisciplinary team members by making appropriate referrals.
- Facilitates staff, patient and family decision making by providing educational tools.
- Performs miscellaneous duties as required by management.
- Must maintain appropriate attendance.
- Complies with applicable legal requirements, standards, policies and procedures including but not limited those within the Compliance Process, Code of Conduct, and HIPAA.
- Participates in required orientation and training programs, as required.
- Reports concerns and suspected incidences of non-compliance in accordance with COHC Compliance Re porting Process.
- Cooperates with monitoring and audit functions and investigations.
- Participates, as requested, in process improvement responsibilities.
Core Competencies/Skill Sets
- Strong computer skills, including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated clinical competence in and an in-depth knowledge of cardiovascular nursing.
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective communications among and with nursing and other health disciplines; demonstrated ability to communicate to large groups of health professionals.
- Must demonstrate and maintain knowledge and competency in providing care for patients in adolescent, adult and/or age groups
Professional Experience/Educational Requirements
- Registered Nurse in the State of CT
- Healthcare experience in Community Health or Hospital
- Current Nurse Practitioner certification.
- Current provider card in Basic Life Support (BLS); CPR certified
Charter Oak Health Center is committed to a policy of equal opportunity/affirmative action in all its programs and services. Charter Oak Health Center does not discriminate in any employment practice or in any of its services on the basis of race, color, religious creed, sex, age, national origin, ancestry, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability (including, but not limited to, intellectual disability, past or present history of mental disorder, physical disability or learning disability), genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by Connecticut state and/or federal nondiscrimination laws. Charter Oak Health Center does not unlawfully discriminate in employment and licensing against qualified persons with a prior criminal conviction. Inquiries regarding Charter Oak Health Center’s nondiscrimination policy should be directed to: (Sharon King, Director of Human Resources at 21 Grand St. Hartford, CT 06106 or call 860-550-7500 ext. 6210. Charter Oak Health Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).
How to Apply
Interested parties should submit resumes and or job posting application to
Attention: Jessica Avery
Please clearly indicate on the resume or cover letter the current posted position for which you
Charter Oak Health Center