JOB OPPORTUNITY AVAILABLE FOR A
****FULL TIME/PART TIME/PER DIEM ADVANCED PRACTITIONER NURSE****
BENEFIT: As a medical provider with COHC, you may be eligible for state or federal loan repayment. We are a member of the National Health Services Corps.
Charter Oak Health Center promotes healthier communities by providing quality, safe, patient-centered health care services in medically under-served areas, regardless of ability to pay.
At Charter Oak Health Center, we like to think globally and act locally. While serving our community, we are committed to becoming a model for other health centers to emulate. Our mission guides our work every day.
Charter Oak Health Center is seeking employment of an Advanced Nurse Practitioner (APRN) who is eager to work in a diverse environment. This person must be friendly, a people’s person and willing to educate patients on their medication orders, if needed. The tech must believe in the mission and vision of Charter Oak Health Center in order to deliver top customer service.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Functions independently to perform age-appropriate history and physical for complex acute, critical, and chronically ill patients.
- Orders and interprets diagnostic and therapeutic tests relative to patient’s age-specific needs.
- Prescribes appropriate pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic treatment modalities
- Implements interventions to support the patient to regain or maintain physiologic stability.
- Monitors the effectiveness of interventions.
- Perform various procedures including, but not limited to:
- Administer injections
- Perform and/or assist minor surgical procedures
- Obtain PAP smears, genital, wound and other cultures as indicated
- Obtain EKG tracings
- Perform phlebotomy
- Irrigate, stain eye for foreign bodies, abrasions
- Collaborates with multidisciplinary team members by making appropriate referrals.
- Facilitates staff, patient and family decision making by providing educational tools.
- Core Competencies/Skill Sets
- Strong communication skills.
- Able to use sound judgment. Possess a calm disposition and the ability to work easily with people.
- Bilingual (English and Spanish) skill preferred
- Professional Experience/Educational Requirement
- Registered Nurse in the State of CT
- Healthcare experience in Community Health or Hospital
- Current Nurse Practitioner certification.
- Current provider card in Basic Life Support (BLS); CPR certified
How to Apply
For more information. please contact Jessica Avery, HR Manager at Charter Oak Health Center, Inc.
860-550-7500 ext. 6212
Charter Oak Health Center